Infusion

There are newer employer reviews for Infusion

Dishonest Management, Body Shop Masquerading as Consulting Company

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Infusion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You'll get exposure to the financial industry, all the pain will make you stronger when you finally leave in disgust.

Cons

Management will lie to you every step of the way. No promise of training or bonus will be followed up on. Projects are structured to maximize unpaid overtime. Clients are shortchanged by young kids just out of college. Everyone leaves in disgust, it's just a matter of how quickly you wake up.

Repent

93 Other Employee Reviews for Infusion (View Most Recent)

Great place to supercharge your own career

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Infusion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A developer or technologist can get some great experience on exciting emerging technology projects. Multinational company with offices in exciting locations.

Cons

The inner circle of management can treat resources a bit like cattle which is a shame.

Great people, great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Infusion

Pros

As other reviewers have said, the best thing about working at Infusion is the talent level within the organization. There is a high bar of technical competency, judgment and communication skills, so you end up working with really great people. The effects of this are far reaching. Not only are you constantly learning and being challenged, but there's a certain amount of a relaxed environment created when it's understood that everyone is capable and everyone understands each other. The ability to get things done and get support when you're in unfamiliar territory makes for a very satisfying job experience. The interview process was great too. They'll challenge you enough to know how serious they are about technical competency, but it never goes too far to lose relevance or paint an inaccurate picture of the job you'll be expected to do.

Infusion takes a lot of initiative to facilitate career growth of the employees as well. This is an intentional part of the corporate culture, and they do one-on-one reviews regularly to make sure that the employees' goals are well defined and that the organization is helping them achieve them. I never felt pressured to give the expected answer, and I always felt that my supervisors wanted to custom fit my experience to my personal career objective. This seems to go beyond just the consultants and technical staff as I've seen growth in the non-technical and administrative departments as well. HR is extremely helpful, friendly and fun as well...best HR and management staff I've worked with by far...not even close.

Cons

Consulting is NOT for everyone. Some of us were able to work in-house with our Infusion co-workers, but a lot of the company is working on-site with clients. I noticed a very big gap between satisfaction levels of consultants doing "staff aug" gigs and those working at an Infusion office. When I experienced it for myself I didn't like it at all. You almost immediately lose that "Infusion" experience. It comes with the territory though, and a lot of people like this kind of structure as well. It's just not for everyone.

Also, management is spread too thin. Some managers and VP's are juggling so many projects that it can be difficult to get their time when you really need it. I'd also say that you have to assert yourself within the organization or you won't get the most out of it. Infusion has experienced a lot of growth in the last few years, and that means that it's easier to slip between the cracks and not get what you want out of your time there.

Make whatever adjustments need to be made to get more "emerging technology" work. I think that devs are drawn to Infusion because of its reputation as a technology leader, and from the inside I think the impression is that you might get to work on cool stuff if you're really lucky or if your current project ends at just the right time.

There are newer employer reviews for Infusion