Ingersoll-Rand

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - SQE
Current Employee - SQE

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

Allow freedom to work and rewards when you exceeds the expectations

Cons

stock market not realizing how much employees are putting efforts to make company more productive

your employment engagement is great and helping everybody, please keep providing support as you guys are currently providing.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand (View Most Recent)

It was fun while it lasted.

Former Employee - Service Technician
    Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

The people I worked with and customers I was able to provide services to made me look forward to getting up and going to work. The benefits at times were excellent the perks for standing out above the rest made up for any other shortcoming in the business.

The management should be commended on a few good things, if family emergencies ever arose or you were having any type of personal issues they would go above and beyond to make sure everything worked out for you. If there was ever a breakdown or a problem there wasn't finger pointing and backstabbing. The technicians were outfitted with some great safety gear far better than any of your closest competitors, and I think that should be noted for it shows that someone is at least thinking of our safety, or just protecting themselves from a lawsuit or any liability however you choose to look at it.

Cons

There was always an ulterior motive with upper management , immense favoritism among certain people. The management working " remote" and then pounding everyone else to work harder and harder to hit numbers created dissension , and lack of respect and ultimately made people not have the drive to push any harder to grow the business.
    The pay is mediocre at best you have to threaten to leave to get any type of acknowledgment no matter what you bring in or customer satisfaction, and this is a well played card among some of the techs. I would have stayed at the lower payscale if the perks were still there and management would listen to our concerns but they fell on deaf ears or were met with empty promises.

Listen to the people that work with the people that pay your stock holders your long forgotten customers. Improve the parts improve the quality of the machines , realize the guys at the bottom in front of your customers are loyal to IR we love our jobs and are proud every day to put on the shirt with the IR logo emblazoned across it stop taking everything away from us.

Too much emphasis on short term goals - plus some poor strategic decisions by board of directors, esp around aquisitions

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

Salary OK, many good people working there

Cons

Short term goals and end of quarter syndrome from very senior management.

Look at the longer picture and also stop buying bad companies that drag us down

There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand