Good

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist (TEMP) Latin America in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand

Pros

Great company - solid - stable - great oppportunity

Cons

Temp position - Not sure if position will go perm

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working at Trane used to be a lot better, management is hard to deal with

Current Employee - Senior Technician in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand

Pros

They have a good retirement plan, all technicians are very helpful if you have questions or get stuck on a job. Pay is good, vacation time has to be planned in advance but you get up to 4 weeks paid vacation after 15 years.

Cons

HR is terrible, management is hard to deal with

Advice to Management

Dont forget where you came from. You were once one of us! Customers love the technicians, but cant stand dealing with the office. We are nothing without customers.

Good Company to work for, but unclear on direction

Current Employee - Project Manager in Davidson, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Davidson, NC

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand

Pros

Large company with a lot of opportunities. Changing sectors or functions is like going to a new company, so you can still grow and learn. Provides flexibility with laptop, and mobile phone, enabling remote working. (Not sure whether to put this in pros or cons, but I think it's more of a Pro)

Cons

Too many initiatives. Some conflict with one another. AGILE process has taken over as one of the answers to driving productivity. Leaders keep "agiling" people out of work. But who will be left to do the work?? Over allocated with work load, but told my management to "manage" it. Work nights and weekends to keep up with workload, to try to maintain same level of quality of work, and not let any one thing get dropped. Can't get management support, because they are either: a.) also bombarded with workload b.) busy with their own agendas, not paying attention to the business/department needs. (Keep trying to fulfill the next objective/initiative!)

Advice to Management

The direction of the North Box objectives/initiatives are important, but would also like to see more support put in place in the subsequent levels of the organization to enable success. Stop agiling people out of jobs who you need to achieve premier performance.Otherwise, we will be a company full of consultants we have to be hired to bring resources back in to do the work.