There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

Ingersoll Rand University

Former Employee - Ingersoll Rand University  in  Davidson, NC
Former Employee - Ingersoll Rand University in Davidson, NC

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

Great location, good opportunities for experience, and benefits matched similar to other companies

Cons

Ingersoll Rand University needs to improve on their Leadership in order for the department to grow as Corporate Learning Center should operate. The department has over 75% turnover rate in just 7 years due to lack of developing their own internal team. The Sr. Leadership also doesn't posses knowledge of progressing, leading edge technology advancements for distance learning, which is a critical skill for a global company of this size and should be an expected of any CLO.

Change in leadership with the rights skills in developing the internal team (instead of constant turnover, which was costly to the organization). Sr. Leadership (CLO) should be able educated enough to speak intelligently about the trends in eLearning, Distance Learning, Distributed Delivery and make recommendations to bring the company to the next level through this leading edge advancement.

370 Other Employee Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand (View Most Recent)

Trane & Ingersoll Rand

Current Employee - Quality Process Leader  in  Vidalia, GA
    Current Employee - Quality Process Leader in Vidalia, GA

I have been working at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

Smart people (some). But it's a great product

Cons

at our plant - it's a total political backstabbing environment. I would not reccomend working for Trane RS or Luis Duarte's group.

RESIGN

Biggest mistake of my life was joining Trane.

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager  in  Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Tyler, TX

I worked at Ingersoll-Rand

Pros

It's tough to think of any pros at this time.
    Trane did provide my the opportunity to earn a living, pay my bills and feed my family.
    Tyler is a great place to live.
    Good SHORT TERM job. Not a career.
    Great place is you are a director or higher.

Cons

Uncertain future.
    No commitment from Trane / Ingersoll Rand to keep jobs in Tyler.
    Ingersoll Rand does not know what to do with multiple businesses and overlapping sectors. Will eventually consolidate and close more sites.)
    Ingersoll-Rand is a management company--not an engineering and manufacturing based company. Their philosophy is to buy a product and mark it up for profit.
    No concept of Quality.
    No plan for the future. No product road map or long term operating plan that is shared with employees.
    Does not develop talent from within. It's more important to develop people in China and India than at Tyler.
    New hires for all critical positions. ( I was the result of such a hire. Now I am gone.)
    No opportunity for advancement.
    Minimal merit raises. No incentive to perform. No sense of urgency.
    No electronics -controls product development experience in house.--Understaffed group only.
    No infrastructure to support electronics -controls product development.
    No manufacturing capability for electronics -controls product development.
    Unfortunately Tyler has no other engineering jobs, so you are stuck at Trane and management knows it.
    Unfair/unbalanced payment scale. ( I had direct reports whose base salary was more than mine.)
    Facility is a depressing dump.
    Unless you are a director or higher, you have no future in Tyler.
    Plant will close within 3 years, so engineering will follow.
    Redundancy in commercial division located in Minnesota--so Tyler is not really needed. --Majority of intensive design/development is done their already, esp for electronics -controls products.

Watch your back. The gravy train will be over for you one day too. They don't need all of you to manage teams in India, China, Mexico and the next Low Cost Country.
    Like the previous person suggested, Start selling your $500k+ homes now.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!