There are newer employer reviews for Ingham Regional Medical Center

I could not ask for a better team environment than IRMC.

Current Employee - Ultrasound Departmant/Radiology in Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Ultrasound Departmant/Radiology in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ingham Regional Medical Center

Pros

As long as the patient comes first, and we stay within our budget our team is allowed to set our hours, choose our days off, and interact within the team without lenthy management involvement. Knowing that I can participate in my families life experience and still hold down a full time job takes a Huge amount of worry from my days. IRMC understands that people run the "business" and that people who are happy and content make much better business partners than those who are stressed and feeling put out. I look forward to my shifts every week. I feel that management give me the support I need, and allows me to make decisions I am qualified to make. I love it here.

Cons

As well run as my department is, there are other departments that do not have the same management style applied to them. I listen to those employees and how unhappy they are and wish that we could figure out a way to spread our management style throughout the institution. Our department counts on the other departments to provide Great patient care. If members of other departments are just marking time putting in their hours it's hard to spread the positive attitude throughout the hospital. Patients notice the difference, and comment on it.

Advice to Management

Advice: Continue to focus on Excellent patient care...and streamline the processes to coincide with budget trimming goals. Idea: Challenge each manager to "find" $10,000.00 this quarter. Cut back redundant forms god knows we have alot of those. Streamline the inventory process to provide just the right amount of goods and cut down on medical waste as well as cost. I've participated in a project such as this in two different industries. It really does work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Exciting, busy, interesting and learned something new everyday after 20 years.

Former Employee - Staff Nurse-RNC in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse-RNC in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Ingham Regional Medical Center

Pros

Always busy! Residents-I never worked with them before and it was a great experience. The level of commitment to the patients by all staff members. Everyone was willing to help their co-workers.

Cons

Being the NEW kid after having over 20 years of experience in labor and delivery, and not feeling like people took advantage of my knowledge and expertise.

Advice to Management

I thought that the charge nurses were awesome, as well as the shift supervisors. In the two years that I was there, we had three directors. Not sure why, but that was a bummer because you could not ever get to know any of them or their management style.

Your only a number, not a person.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ingham Regional Medical Center

Pros

Great insurance benefits. Comparable pay. Good vacation beneifts.

Cons

Poor management. They don't treat you like a person, they treat you like a number. They don't care that you have a family to feed, they only care about making money. They lay employees off without any notice. Unless you have FMLA, they take your job away when you have medical issues.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees. Treat them like they are your family.