Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com

Great starter job

Cashier (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsI worked here the entire time I went through college and had a blast. There are raise opportunities if you just do your job and not complain all the time. It was easy and I had the system down my second day of training (out of 3). I worked part time but I got at least 30+ hours most weeks which was great in terms of paycheck. If you show you're good through your work you will get offered work in different (pay raise) departments as well. The key here is to do your best and not whine to management all the time.

ConsIt can take away a bit of your social life especially if you're new you will get the lame night shifts, and weekend shifts although those shifts tend to be more fun. It is a grocery store job too so you will get the crazy people and easily frustrated that their 30 cents off coupon didn't scan. Management deals with them no problem though.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with the community. That is one thing that seemed lacking. Sponsor little league, events, offer deals on local attractions like Food City does with Dollywood.

You do not want to work for this company.

Cashier (Former Employee) Jackson, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros: Will hire you very quickly. Cons: No training or room to advance. Management treats employees… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees better! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros: I really enjoyed my time there, everyone is very helpful and nice. … Cons: The pay is low but compared to other supermarkets it's actually not that bad.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ingles Markets.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!