There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Good job, unorganized management.

Current Employee - Front End in Ellijay, GA
Current Employee - Front End in Ellijay, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets (More than a year)

Pros

Big financial opportunity, at higher ranks. A lot of freedom at higher ranks. Good for someone that is in high school or college. Good economic outlook (future job)

Cons

Management can be lead by some people that do not act old enough for their position. (For example: You will have to work a ton, unless you can talk to the manager on duty about something relevant to them like shoes or about their pregnancy.) Store Managers make a TON of money but, most of it comes from bonuses, so if you do something wrong (like get a bad secret shopper) do not expect to keep your job long.

Advice to Management

Learn how to give your employees a "piece of the pie" that they have helped you make, they deal with the customers not you. Stop the favoritism that happens.

reviews filtered by

Movie/Video Clerk

Former Employee - Video Clerk in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Video Clerk in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one to supervise you

Cons

Mangagement was a little too strict

Advice to Management

Be more tactiful when dealing with customer

Great starter job

Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked here the entire time I went through college and had a blast. There are raise opportunities if you just do your job and not complain all the time. It was easy and I had the system down my second day of training (out of 3). I worked part time but I got at least 30+ hours most weeks which was great in terms of paycheck. If you show you're good through your work you will get offered work in different (pay raise) departments as well. The key here is to do your best and not whine to management all the time.

Cons

It can take away a bit of your social life especially if you're new you will get the lame night shifts, and weekend shifts although those shifts tend to be more fun. It is a grocery store job too so you will get the crazy people and easily frustrated that their 30 cents off coupon didn't scan. Management deals with them no problem though.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with the community. That is one thing that seemed lacking. Sponsor little league, events, offer deals on local attractions like Food City does with Dollywood.