There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Swannanoa, NC
Former Employee - Cashier in Swannanoa, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere for employees & customers. Many opportunities to advance up the ladder or to other departments. Overall enjoyed my time spent working there.

Cons

Having the occasional customer with a million coupons but it's to be expected in this environment.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Not bad company

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Gray, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Gray, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours,friendly environment, customer service experience

Cons

Pay, short break,no advancement

Don't play favoritism, people that have more experience & better work ethic Deserve there chances.

NEVER WORK HERE...EVER!!

Former Employee - Lead Meat Cutter  in  Waynesville, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Meat Cutter in Waynesville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work for them for three years. Great for bending posted times, to fit a family life style. I was a Lead Cutter for them, so i made, some what decent money.

Cons

The Co's, D.M.'s and upper management teams are extremly rude. They act like your nothing and your not worth the time to have there.(Unless: You have 10+ years). Your department managers are spitefull back-stabbers and will throw you under the bus, to save there own a**. Everyone in the stores, from upper to lower management are unprofessional, gossip starting, kiss a**es. If you are good at brown noseing, sucking up, or staying on your knees, this is the job for you. I tried for two years to move to a different area and applied with other jobs, within the company. Not only did I not get any responses to any other jobs, I was told by my D.M., "I cant replace you here, sorry, I cant move you yet". I heard that for the rest of my time with them (alomst 2 years).

Hit puberty! Grow up and stand up for your own. Let the employee know that they are needed, $.05 cent to $.25 cent raises, are not the way to tell us, "Good Job". To upper management: Your status at this company should not be based on, Best friends with V.P.'s, Golfing buddies, or My brother needs a job. Some (20%) have worked to get there, the other (80%) just friends with a higher up. You need to look at Sam's Club and Publix, for tips on how to succeed in a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!