There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Well, It's A Job.

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The main pro for me, is the wonderful co-workers I am blessed to work with. I have made some great friendships, here, and the way we work together, is nothing like anyplace else I've worked. Each seems to know what the other is thinking, able to take over a task without needing direction, a once-in-a-lifetime chemistry.

Cons

Low pay and only 30 hours a week. Only 8.50 an hour to start? Regularly understaffed (due largely to the hour limit) which accounts for a good amount of lost sales, since customers only have so much patience before moving on. Management from store level on up through corporate is among the worst I've ever experienced. The store manager has no personality, at all; she will bark at people for no reason, whatsoever (she's even told employees that laughing on the job is against the rules). Corporate has no clue, whatsoever, as to how to run the business. A classic example is a memo issued by the corporate department head in our department, that stated in the event of a power outage, water has to be boiled on the stove, to wash dishes....only problem, the stoves are electric. They are continually slicing hours, yet adding work, and then complaining when we're not done by the desired time. A highly dysfunctional company.

Get rid of the 30 hours a week garbage, let your people work full-time and quit treating them with a plantation mentality. You'll be surprised at how much better they'll work and how much sales will rise.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

good starting job for young people

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

this would be the flexibility

Cons

the pay and the hours

Great part-time job for students.

Former Employee - Cashier in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and management.
    Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Customers could be mean, but generally no complaints. Probably different from store to store.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets