Ingles Markets

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Good ole boy practice

Current Employee - Frozen Food Manager
Current Employee - Frozen Food Manager

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interaction with both employees and regular customers. busy environment makes the day go by faster.

Cons

There is no such thing as a job well done only a job done wrong

Say thank you to employees more often

126 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Well, It's A Job.

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The main pro for me, is the wonderful co-workers I am blessed to work with. I have made some great friendships, here, and the way we work together, is nothing like anyplace else I've worked. Each seems to know what the other is thinking, able to take over a task without needing direction, a once-in-a-lifetime chemistry.

Cons

Low pay and only 30 hours a week. Only 8.50 an hour to start? Regularly understaffed (due largely to the hour limit) which accounts for a good amount of lost sales, since customers only have so much patience before moving on. Management from store level on up through corporate is among the worst I've ever experienced. The store manager has no personality, at all; she will bark at people for no reason, whatsoever (she's even told employees that laughing on the job is against the rules). Corporate has no clue, whatsoever, as to how to run the business. A classic example is a memo issued by the corporate department head in our department, that stated in the event of a power outage, water has to be boiled on the stove, to wash dishes....only problem, the stoves are electric. They are continually slicing hours, yet adding work, and then complaining when we're not done by the desired time. A highly dysfunctional company.

Get rid of the 30 hours a week garbage, let your people work full-time and quit treating them with a plantation mentality. You'll be surprised at how much better they'll work and how much sales will rise.

good starting job for young people

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

this would be the flexibility

Cons

the pay and the hours

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets