Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Not enough experience to tell yet

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work with very good people

Cons

Low pay and will not hire full time workers

Say thank you for work well done

145 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Horrible treatment of long-time and loyal employees.

Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Spruce Pine, NC
    Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Spruce Pine, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was good to work near home, but that was the only good thing about working for this corrupt company.

Cons

The management has no idea what they are doing and play favorites. Constant back-stabbing between coworkers, changing of schedules, inappropriate behavior between managers and employees, and immoral food safety practices. There is no opportunity given to advance through the company unless you suck up to the right person. No employee discount, even on a simple lunch tray. They do not live up to the image they project, nor provide proper documentation of company policies.

How about requiring any management personnel to hold a degree in some aspect of management? Or stopping the unfair treatment of employees by other management.

Well, It's A Job.

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The main pro for me, is the wonderful co-workers I am blessed to work with. I have made some great friendships, here, and the way we work together, is nothing like anyplace else I've worked. Each seems to know what the other is thinking, able to take over a task without needing direction, a once-in-a-lifetime chemistry.

Cons

Low pay and only 30 hours a week. Only 8.50 an hour to start? Regularly understaffed (due largely to the hour limit) which accounts for a good amount of lost sales, since customers only have so much patience before moving on. Management from store level on up through corporate is among the worst I've ever experienced. The store manager has no personality, at all; she will bark at people for no reason, whatsoever (she's even told employees that laughing on the job is against the rules). Corporate has no clue, whatsoever, as to how to run the business. A classic example is a memo issued by the corporate department head in our department, that stated in the event of a power outage, water has to be boiled on the stove, to wash dishes....only problem, the stoves are electric. They are continually slicing hours, yet adding work, and then complaining when we're not done by the desired time. A highly dysfunctional company.

Get rid of the 30 hours a week garbage, let your people work full-time and quit treating them with a plantation mentality. You'll be surprised at how much better they'll work and how much sales will rise.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets