Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Not enough experience to tell yet

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with very good people

Cons

Low pay and will not hire full time workers

Say thank you for work well done

137 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Ingles I-Market trust out the door

Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA
    Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the most part, working there was relatively easy, easily handling most customer requests and questions. I also enjoyed working with some of the other employees. Some extremely helpful. Most of the POS systems were easy to learn and pick up.

Cons

The first big mistake you make and you're out the door! It had been a hot day, I'd done quite a bit of work with the AC being out. Tired, hot, exhausted.... Picked up a cord that I'd moved earlier that after the fact I knew wasn't mine and packed it into my car. Hadn't even left when the owner of the cord wanted it back. Said cord was returned and an apology and partial excuse was given but certainly after the fact not accepted. Was let go the next morning due to 'trust issues'. Mistakes made on my part, mistakes made on my part and on my immediate supervisor's part as well. A verbal reprimand or pay cut would have worked better than just getting fired for an honest mistake. A mistake that could have been avoided if I had not been hot and tired or if the owner of the cord had not left it behind. The time clock issue took some time to resolve as well, more than several days to get my timeclock number to work properly, and never did get a clerk ID number to run the POS terminals under my own name. LAME and LAZY.

Give a little bit more lee-way on a first mistake, and strive to allow for growth and improvement, not just firing them outright.

Horrible treatment of long-time and loyal employees.

Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Spruce Pine, NC
    Former Employee - Meat Wrapper in Spruce Pine, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was good to work near home, but that was the only good thing about working for this corrupt company.

Cons

The management has no idea what they are doing and play favorites. Constant back-stabbing between coworkers, changing of schedules, inappropriate behavior between managers and employees, and immoral food safety practices. There is no opportunity given to advance through the company unless you suck up to the right person. No employee discount, even on a simple lunch tray. They do not live up to the image they project, nor provide proper documentation of company policies.

How about requiring any management personnel to hold a degree in some aspect of management? Or stopping the unfair treatment of employees by other management.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets