Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Ingles I-Market trust out the door

Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA
Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, working there was relatively easy, easily handling most customer requests and questions. I also enjoyed working with some of the other employees. Some extremely helpful. Most of the POS systems were easy to learn and pick up.

Cons

The first big mistake you make and you're out the door! It had been a hot day, I'd done quite a bit of work with the AC being out. Tired, hot, exhausted.... Picked up a cord that I'd moved earlier that after the fact I knew wasn't mine and packed it into my car. Hadn't even left when the owner of the cord wanted it back. Said cord was returned and an apology and partial excuse was given but certainly after the fact not accepted. Was let go the next morning due to 'trust issues'. Mistakes made on my part, mistakes made on my part and on my immediate supervisor's part as well. A verbal reprimand or pay cut would have worked better than just getting fired for an honest mistake. A mistake that could have been avoided if I had not been hot and tired or if the owner of the cord had not left it behind. The time clock issue took some time to resolve as well, more than several days to get my timeclock number to work properly, and never did get a clerk ID number to run the POS terminals under my own name. LAME and LAZY.

Give a little bit more lee-way on a first mistake, and strive to allow for growth and improvement, not just firing them outright.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Poor management thus creating poor service

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is easy to get a job here. All you have to do is just walk in and perform a background check. If you pass, the job is yours.

One manager was really a nice guy.

Cons

Poor customer service and uneducated management. The management does not require respect from their employees so service is sacrificed. Employee training is awful.

Good ole boy practice

Current Employee - Frozen Food Manager
    Current Employee - Frozen Food Manager

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interaction with both employees and regular customers. busy environment makes the day go by faster.

Cons

There is no such thing as a job well done only a job done wrong

Say thank you to employees more often

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets