Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
  www.ingles-markets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Ingles is a great place with a family like atmosphere.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros

The industry that you choose to work with must be stable, and groceries are definitely a staple for our society.

Cons

I am personally on the stock crew, which makes for a non existent life, not to mention some very odd hours.

I have heard you are told not to care about your employees personal life. I also heard a manager once tell someone that they did not care, nor was it their problem that the hours on the stock crew gave this person a problem getting things done during the day. Please remember although each person as an employee is replaceable, we are also human and do have needs, caring is what makes the world a better place.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Not enough experience to tell yet

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with very good people

Cons

Low pay and will not hire full time workers

Say thank you for work well done

Ingles I-Market trust out the door

Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA
    Former Employee - I-Market Clerk in Hiawassee, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the most part, working there was relatively easy, easily handling most customer requests and questions. I also enjoyed working with some of the other employees. Some extremely helpful. Most of the POS systems were easy to learn and pick up.

Cons

The first big mistake you make and you're out the door! It had been a hot day, I'd done quite a bit of work with the AC being out. Tired, hot, exhausted.... Picked up a cord that I'd moved earlier that after the fact I knew wasn't mine and packed it into my car. Hadn't even left when the owner of the cord wanted it back. Said cord was returned and an apology and partial excuse was given but certainly after the fact not accepted. Was let go the next morning due to 'trust issues'. Mistakes made on my part, mistakes made on my part and on my immediate supervisor's part as well. A verbal reprimand or pay cut would have worked better than just getting fired for an honest mistake. A mistake that could have been avoided if I had not been hot and tired or if the owner of the cord had not left it behind. The time clock issue took some time to resolve as well, more than several days to get my timeclock number to work properly, and never did get a clerk ID number to run the POS terminals under my own name. LAME and LAZY.

Give a little bit more lee-way on a first mistake, and strive to allow for growth and improvement, not just firing them outright.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets