Deli Associate

I worked at Ingles Markets

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, the work isn't too hard, pay is ok for retail

Cons

No training. None. Food safety, workplace safety, procedures: management is totally negligent about training.

Put standards and practices in place. Set up pro-rated benefits for part-timers. A paid week off after a year of work is a good thing for everybody. Communicate with your hourly workers.

Other Reviews for Ingles Markets

Management turns a blind eye to bad supervisors.

Former Employee - NONE  in  Black Mountain, NC
    Former Employee - NONE in Black Mountain, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Close to my home. It was real easy to quit!

Cons

Supervisors lack the basic ability to supervise their staff and have no accountability for a job badly done. People are advanced at the corporate office for longevity instead of merit. Never met a nastier bunch of unhappy co-workers. Just a paycheck. No merit awards except numbers of years these people have hung onto their jobs. Benefits are nil. No sick time for office employees. One women having chemotherapy had to use her vacation days if she was to be out a couple days. That's just shameful! Vacation policy is archaic. Raises are .25/hour max.

Most of your VP's and managers are insiders. The only job they have ever held is at Ingles. Lifers are complacent. They're just filling chairs until retirement. Bring in some outside blood to advance your company. Stand up and be decent to your employees! Demote bad supervisors! SELL to Publics!

Ingles is a great place with a family like atmosphere.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros

The industry that you choose to work with must be stable, and groceries are definitely a staple for our society.

Cons

I am personally on the stock crew, which makes for a non existent life, not to mention some very odd hours.

I have heard you are told not to care about your employees personal life. I also heard a manager once tell someone that they did not care, nor was it their problem that the hours on the stock crew gave this person a problem getting things done during the day. Please remember although each person as an employee is replaceable, we are also human and do have needs, caring is what makes the world a better place.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!