Ingles Markets
www.ingles-markets.com Black Mountain, NC 5000+ Employees

Worst experience ever.

Produce Clerk (Former Employee)
Asheville, NC

ProsHours and pay because I needed something part-time

ConsThe management is horrible. The store manager at the store I was at would cuss out employees if she was having a bad day to the point of threatening to fire to pregnant employees if they missed anymore work because of their conditions. Our department breathed sighs of relief on that store manager's days off.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your employees like their human beings. We're not your personal slaves for you to take your bad day out on. We have families and children that get sick, pass away or family emergencies come up that we have no control over. Don't tell us that you're going to fire us if one more thing happens. Don't threaten our jobs when we have to miss work because we have to admit our kid into the hospital!! Use some common sense! Sensitivity train would do management some good.

Deli Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ingles Markets

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, the work isn't too hard, pay is ok… Cons: No training. None. Food safety, workplace safety, procedures: management is… Advice to Senior Management: Put standards and practices in place. Set up pro-rated benefits for part-timers. A paid week off… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ingles is a great place with a family like atmosphere.

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros: The industry that you choose to work with must be… Cons: I am personally on the stock crew, which makes for… Advice to Senior Management: I have heard you are told not to care about your employees personal life. I also heard a manager once tell someone that they did… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ingles Markets.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingles Markets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II. All reviews posted anonymously by Ingles Markets employees.