There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Worst experience ever.

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Asheville, NC
Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours and pay because I needed something part-time

Cons

The management is horrible. The store manager at the store I was at would cuss out employees if she was having a bad day to the point of threatening to fire to pregnant employees if they missed anymore work because of their conditions. Our department breathed sighs of relief on that store manager's days off.

Learn to treat your employees like their human beings. We're not your personal slaves for you to take your bad day out on. We have families and children that get sick, pass away or family emergencies come up that we have no control over. Don't tell us that you're going to fire us if one more thing happens. Don't threaten our jobs when we have to miss work because we have to admit our kid into the hospital!! Use some common sense! Sensitivity train would do management some good.

reviews filtered by

Deli Associate

I worked at Ingles Markets

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, the work isn't too hard, pay is ok for retail

Cons

No training. None. Food safety, workplace safety, procedures: management is totally negligent about training.

Put standards and practices in place. Set up pro-rated benefits for part-timers. A paid week off after a year of work is a good thing for everybody. Communicate with your hourly workers.

2. Ingles is a great place with a family like atmosphere.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time

Pros

The industry that you choose to work with must be stable, and groceries are definitely a staple for our society.

Cons

I am personally on the stock crew, which makes for a non existent life, not to mention some very odd hours.

I have heard you are told not to care about your employees personal life. I also heard a manager once tell someone that they did not care, nor was it their problem that the hours on the stock crew gave this person a problem getting things done during the day. Please remember although each person as an employee is replaceable, we are also human and do have needs, caring is what makes the world a better place.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets