Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Management turns a blind eye to bad supervisors.

Former Employee - NONE in Black Mountain, NC
Former Employee - NONE in Black Mountain, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to my home. It was real easy to quit!

Cons

Supervisors lack the basic ability to supervise their staff and have no accountability for a job badly done. People are advanced at the corporate office for longevity instead of merit. Never met a nastier bunch of unhappy co-workers. Just a paycheck. No merit awards except numbers of years these people have hung onto their jobs. Benefits are nil. No sick time for office employees. One women having chemotherapy had to use her vacation days if she was to be out a couple days. That's just shameful! Vacation policy is archaic. Raises are .25/hour max.

Most of your VP's and managers are insiders. The only job they have ever held is at Ingles. Lifers are complacent. They're just filling chairs until retirement. Bring in some outside blood to advance your company. Stand up and be decent to your employees! Demote bad supervisors! SELL to Publics!

138 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Worst experience ever.

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours and pay because I needed something part-time

Cons

The management is horrible. The store manager at the store I was at would cuss out employees if she was having a bad day to the point of threatening to fire to pregnant employees if they missed anymore work because of their conditions. Our department breathed sighs of relief on that store manager's days off.

Learn to treat your employees like their human beings. We're not your personal slaves for you to take your bad day out on. We have families and children that get sick, pass away or family emergencies come up that we have no control over. Don't tell us that you're going to fire us if one more thing happens. Don't threaten our jobs when we have to miss work because we have to admit our kid into the hospital!! Use some common sense! Sensitivity train would do management some good.

Deli Associate

I worked at Ingles Markets

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, the work isn't too hard, pay is ok for retail

Cons

No training. None. Food safety, workplace safety, procedures: management is totally negligent about training.

Put standards and practices in place. Set up pro-rated benefits for part-timers. A paid week off after a year of work is a good thing for everybody. Communicate with your hourly workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets