There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Good and bad

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Sweetwater, TN
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Sweetwater, TN

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent hours at times, can vary depending on overall business. Decent pay for retail, definitely better than fast food. Possible to become full time without necessarily having to move into a management position unlike fast food or other retail chains.

Cons

Lack of a core training program for new employees. No drug testing of employees prior to beginning of employment. High turnover, even among top store level management. Department head, full time assistant, and store Co-Manager all fired within a three month period before or just after Christmas 2011, not the easiest thing to deal with, especially at the busiest time of the year for retail, and not a good morale image for part-time and non management employees seeing your supervisors get fired repeatedly.

118 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Terrible upper-management.

Former Employee - Cashier/Deli Associate in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier/Deli Associate in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working here was the friendships made with direct coworkers.

Cons

Poor pay for the work required
    Looked down on and treated terribly by upper management
    Upper management was disorganized and hardly ever on the same page as other upper management
    Customers are sometimes just plain silly (as with all customer service jobs)
    High turnover rate of employees
    Don't usually promote from within
    Good work is not noted

Get organized and treat your employees better.

Great management, poor location

Former Employee - Self-Checkout Coordinator in Greensboro, GA
    Former Employee - Self-Checkout Coordinator in Greensboro, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The managers are awesome. If you show them loyalty, they will bend over backwards to help you. I was in the Greensboro, GA location, and during my time there, I only worked under 2 bad managers. The rest were absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Greene County. I love where I was born and raised, but the work ethic of the people in this county is seriously lackluster. In my 7 years at this job, I saw around 100 people come and go, and 90% of them had horrible work ethic. The other 10% went to a job with better employees.

Try harder to search for better employees! Other than that I loved you guys!

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets