Ingles Markets

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

management sucks

Former Employee - Stocker in Hazelwood, NC
Former Employee - Stocker in Hazelwood, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (more than an year)

Pros

was fun at one point tell new co manager. most all other employees where great to be around most were friendly

Cons

treated like a dog no call back when you call corporate office act like your the bad guy when you do your job having 2 people to throw a 900 peace truck then getting mad because you were not done by 7 am too much backstabbing going on

don't treat your employees like thay are beneath you

125 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Was my first job as I went into college, I have worked two years and about four or so months now as a cashier.

Current Employee - Cashier in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Morganton, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has given me a decent experience with dealing with costumers and just getting used to having a job. I enjoy some of my coworkers company. Flexible hours at times. I enjoyed the laid back environment as business was never too bad, until some other nearby stores shut down. Management makes sure that during down time when there are not many customers, that employees are doing something productive, such as tidying up displays nearby or cleaning.

Cons

The majority of the staff working up front is in high school, some first shift but mostly second shift, and as such we are all treated like we are undisciplined teenagers. Management is bad with giving out breaks as most times if the main manager is working they do not start breaks in the front until noon or later; the first shift people arrive at seven. Many times they forget to send people on break overall. A small thing that is not that much of an issue but I would like to point out, there is no employee discount or anything. They tend to over-hire which causes hours to be cut drastically. When someone new is hired they pair them off to be trained by another employee, sometimes an employee who has not been working but two months or so, as such, that employee will not be aware of many things and will therefore not be able to train well enough. When I started they worked well with giving me hours and balancing my college life. I had classes that ran late and some nights that were devoted to family time. Now, they do not schedule me anytime through the school week when I could work five total days instead of three just because I have a class that runs until 4:50 p.m. During the summer when I had no classes I tried to push to join third shift so I could get more hours and be paid more hourly, but management always had some excuse and would brush me aside. They do not value many of the front end employees as there is always someone else waiting to be hired at all times. You may be written up for the simplest mistakes that can easily corrected.

Communicate with each other. Not all of the employees are undisciplined teenagers who are just working to make their parents happy, but are actually needing this job.

Grocery Manager Compensation

Current Employee - Grocery Manager in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Grocery Manager in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No training of available benefits

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets