Ingles Markets

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

Decent Management, poor building quality

Current Employee - Cashier, Service Clerk, Stock Clerk
Current Employee - Cashier, Service Clerk, Stock Clerk

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was very easy to get a job here and as long as you are reasonably respectful, you can hold your position for years. You get to meet local people and, with time, become part of their lives.

Cons

Since the company hires more people than it actually needs, the hours are very limited. The work tends to be very repetitive and employees rarely see growth and mental stimulation. There is little chance for advancing in the company and the pay tends to be as close to minimum wage as possible for every position. It takes most cashiers almost two years to get a measly quarter raise, that is if they stay that long.

Give employees a chance to learn and work in multiple areas of the store. If the person is a great employee then an annual raise should be in order. Also, management should be active and friendly in the workplace.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Hey, it's retail.

Current Employee - Stocker
    Current Employee - Stocker

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

With health insurance not factored in, it does have competitive entry level retail full time benefits.

Cons

Having said the previous, I have noticed a steep decline in upper managements care for associate morale.

Realize that it is your hourly workers who maintain customer outlook. These are positions filled with people who deserve more than a yearly $.25/hr raise and a taxed store gift card at Christmas. I am not suggesting major displays of affection. Simple gestures, an example would be, I worked for a different company who's manager would once a quarter come in and grill hamburgers, hot dogs, etc for all employees. Also, an orientation and training period for all new employees would be beneficial. Having started with this company as a cashier, I have noticed that even front service clerks need training.

sales

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros

noth a very good sales job and didn't like it

Cons

the worst sale sjob ever abd didt like it

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets