Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com

Decent Management, poor building quality

Cashier, Service Clerk, Stock Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsIt was very easy to get a job here and as long as you are reasonably respectful, you can hold your position for years. You get to meet local people and, with time, become part of their lives.

ConsSince the company hires more people than it actually needs, the hours are very limited. The work tends to be very repetitive and employees rarely see growth and mental stimulation. There is little chance for advancing in the company and the pay tends to be as close to minimum wage as possible for every position. It takes most cashiers almost two years to get a measly quarter raise, that is if they stay that long.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees a chance to learn and work in multiple areas of the store. If the person is a great employee then an annual raise should be in order. Also, management should be active and friendly in the workplace.

Hey, it's retail.

Stocker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: With health insurance not factored in, it does have competitive… Cons: Having said the previous, I have noticed a steep decline… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that it is your hourly workers who maintain customer outlook. These are positions filled with people who deserve more than a yearly $.25/hr raise… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

sales

I have been working at Ingles Markets

Pros: noth a very good sales job and didn't like it Cons: the worst sale sjob ever abd didt like it More

There are newer reviews on Ingles Markets.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!