Ingles Markets

www.ingles-markets.com
  www.ingles-markets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

has its perks

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Have always worked around my schedule.

Cons

Corp doesn't understand the work load they send down to store level sometimes

none

123 Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets (View Most Recent)

Good stable work

Current Employee - Night Stock in Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Night Stock in Athens, TN

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a retail job with retail hours regardless of what shift or position you work. Ingles offers a stable workplace to learn basic skills or begin a new career. Ingles has a 401k that offers to match 50%. They have worked with me on my scheduling and if I need a weekend off they allow you to switch days with others to make it happen. I read a lot negative reviews about this company...Ingles has a whole is a great company however each location will be ran and operated differently...it.s up to you the employee to make it a good experience.

Cons

As I mentioned each location is different. Where I'm at the store management needs a reality check. Other than that...no complaints.

It's OK and good practice to be a part of your employees personal life. Get to know them...what makes them who they are...they're needs...they're aspirations. Management needs to tend to employees like crops in a garden...The more tending...weeding the better the overall outcome.

decent job for high schoolers who need spending money until something better comes along

Former Employee - Service Clerk
    Former Employee - Service Clerk

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (less than an year)

Pros

nothing is really coming to mind.. i guess i had a few interesting conversations with customers. way more rude customers overall though

Cons

leadership is bad. manager's quote: "we will hire anyone with two teeth in their head" so naturally the turnover rate is high. you dont always get days off even when you ask well in advance. raises based on seniority not performance so very little incentive to work hard

see cons list and fix stated issues

There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets