There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro is a Fortune 100 company for a reason!!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Santa Ana, CA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Overall, Ingram Micro is the best employer that I have ever worked for. The associates here are respectful, professional, intelligent, and most importantly.. innovative. Directors are constantly on their toes with new initiatives, while the associates are constanlty thinking of new ideas to contribute to the bottom line (Why Not?). Although this may not be applicable to all of the departments, everyone has an opportunity to prove themselves, but IM will hold them accountable for the outcome of that opportunity.

Culture's a plus, benefits are a plus, mentorship is a plus, and associate development is a plus. Plus all of the charity events, matching of associate donations, and community outreach activities that IM is involved with makes you take pride in the company that you work for.

Cons

Although not applicable to me or my department, I have heard a few associates complain about pay. Which ends up leading to poor retention of quality associates. However, this might be due to misleading jop titles vs actual task's responsibility.

For ex, an associate with the title "Accountant" that has the sole responsibility of data entry and running system reports may be trying to compare themselves with an actual CPA.

The opportunity is there though, switch titles, job functions, and move from dept to dept if the opportunity to grow vertically doesn't present itself. The VP's and Directors are always encouraging associate growth. One should never rely on their annual merit increases, especially during these hard times.

As the years go by, margins are shrinking, which leads to loss of department activites. Although associates are rewarded in other ways, dept activities shouldn't be cut. It's obvious that it's for OpEx reasons, but it still lowers worker morale, which then affects performance.

270 Other Employee Reviews for Ingram Micro (View Most Recent)

A good company to grow profesionaly

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Ingram Micro is a good company to learn , the benefit package is good.
    They give you all the tools of a big company to do your job
    Facilities are good and they do a anual survey to see how are they perfoming in every segment, once they get the survey they take actions based on this.
    Respect is very important in the company

Cons

Ingram Micro pays to you to give you experience, other companies pay you to use your experience, that is why Ingram Micro is not the best in pay grades

Retain the best employes, it one of the biggest problems of the company, people are leaving the company to smallest company with better pay grades.

it was good if I get the info I need

Current Employee - Sales  in  Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

quick and easy fast and worth it

Cons

must enter something and must be 5 words

not sure what to tell you

There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!