Ingram Micro
www.ingrammicro.com Santa Ana, CA 5000+ Employees

Ingram Micro is a Fortune 100 company for a reason!!!!

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Santa Ana, CA

ProsOverall, Ingram Micro is the best employer that I have ever worked for. The associates here are respectful, professional, intelligent, and most importantly.. innovative. Directors are constantly on their toes with new initiatives, while the associates are constanlty thinking of new ideas to contribute to the bottom line (Why Not?). Although this may not be applicable to all of the departments, everyone has an opportunity to prove themselves, but IM will hold them accountable for the outcome of that opportunity.

Culture's a plus, benefits are a plus, mentorship is a plus, and associate development is a plus. Plus all of the charity events, matching of associate donations, and community outreach activities that IM is involved with makes you take pride in the company that you work for.

ConsAlthough not applicable to me or my department, I have heard a few associates complain about pay. Which ends up leading to poor retention of quality associates. However, this might be due to misleading jop titles vs actual task's responsibility.

For ex, an associate with the title "Accountant" that has the sole responsibility of data entry and running system reports may be trying to compare themselves with an actual CPA.

The opportunity is there though, switch titles, job functions, and move from dept to dept if the opportunity to grow vertically doesn't present itself. The VP's and Directors are always encouraging associate growth. One should never rely on their annual merit increases, especially during these hard times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the years go by, margins are shrinking, which leads to loss of department activites. Although associates are rewarded in other ways, dept activities shouldn't be cut. It's obvious that it's for OpEx reasons, but it still lowers worker morale, which then affects performance.

A good company to grow profesionaly

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros: Ingram Micro is a good company to learn , the benefit package is good. They give you all the tools of a big company to do… Cons: Ingram Micro pays to you to give you experience, other companies pay you to… Advice to Senior Management: Retain the best employes, it one of the biggest problems of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fortune 100 organization

Systems Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly work environment, technically updated. Cons: Salary is lesser for few roles. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ingram Micro.

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingram Micro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie. All reviews posted anonymously by Ingram Micro employees.