There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Professionally run organization

Former Employee - Director  in  Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Director in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Market leader that has weathered the business cycles better than others in this niche. They recognize what they do best.

Cons

They need to open the doors to broader range of individuals so that they can expand beyond the current range of business. Reliance on human resource screening not always a plus.

Realize that certain new markets are reconstituted such as Cloud computing..yes there are tweaks but this is just time sharing with an internet backbone..

270 Other Employee Reviews for Ingram Micro (View Most Recent)

Excellent Team, Terrible Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jonestown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jonestown, PA

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Very hard-working team, most Team Leaders and Managers are very knowledgeable and fair. HR department is helpful and available. Really feel as if we are accomplishing as a team.

Cons

Favoritism is very obvious, although limited to a small group. There is not a lot of consistency bwtween leadership sometimes and contact with the most senior manager is non-eisitent.

The "good old boys" click needs to go away. Employees are hesitant to apply for promotions or make suggestions/complaints if they aren't a part of the group. What management thinks is a big secret- isn't!

Solid and Stable

Current Employee - Vendor Business Manager  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Business Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

Provides a great opportunity to get into tier 2 distribution and gives you exposure to many different technology companies to increase your professional network. I have enjoyed the relationships that I have built within the company which aligns with a current internal campaign "it's the people".

Cons

Compensation for the work that you do is relatively low. This makes it a challenge to keep really strong individuals in non management roles. As many companies are, Ingram Micro is trying to more with less and it makes it difficult to thrive when there is not enough time in the day to do well with everything that is on your plate.

Most of the employees are being stretched too far. I personally think that opening job reqs will make the company more profitable because money is currently being left on the table due to under staffing.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!