There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Constant focus on cost reduction makes it hard to move the company forward

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Nice people, very collaborative, great culture

Cons

Very cost-driven--always cutting people and sending jobs overseas. No job security, poor benefits, very cheap. Had to pay for service fees for 401-K program--give me a break!

Advice to Management

Figure out a new business model and take some risks

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fortune 100 For A Reason

Current Employee - APEX Support Administrator in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - APEX Support Administrator in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

I know it's a cliche, but there really is a good working atmosphere amongst employees. It varies from department to department but my desk really treated us well with outside of work activities. Little perks here and there help too. Take this with a grain of salt, though. I'm just coming out of college and this is my first "real" job, so I'm easily impressed.

Cons

Top level management isn't always straight forward with us. There seems to be a disconnect between the Buffalo and Santa Ana offices.

Advice to Management

Just give it to us straight. We're adults, we can take it. Otherwise keep up the good work.

Ingram -a great place to start, but probably not a long term career choice.

Current Employee - Vendor Marketing Manager II in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Marketing Manager II in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

It is a great place to begin your marketing career in the IT industry. You will be exposed to all the different elements of channel marketing. There are also many opportunities for advancement if you do well. Also, working for a large company provides access to many different resources. We have many onsite classes offered include 7 Habits, Franklin covey to classes on software such as Microsoft, Oracle, etc.

Cons

Salary is below industry average. Promotions have a set increase of 10%, no negotiation. So whatever your starting salary is, that is what your basis for promotions moving forward. Even if you fall below the minimum pay grade of the position you are promoted to. The workload is incredible. This is an extremely lean company. Not many resources in terms of help. Also, working for a matrixed company has its own challenges.

Advice to Management

Be more open to ideas. If you are serious about keeping top talent, you need to be willing to negotiate or make an offer to those that are leaving.