OK In this bad environment

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

A paycheck, good people to work with, opportunity for advancement and good travel benefits. I think my boss listens to me, but not sure they hear him above.

Cons

Dog eat dog business, only as good as your last sale or client. Hard quotas and little support sometimes from marketing and the top dogs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of quotas, give out spontaneous rewards, realize the market is down and employees need a life too. Give out more bonuses.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Demanding yet satisfying...for the most part.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

The people. Many Ingram employees are seasoned and have worked there for 10,15 or 20+ years. There is a ton of experience within those walls. The commaraderie is excellent and I have found that the majority of people are willing to help and share information if it will assist a fellow employee.

Cons

The company sometimes doesn't value the level of knowledge and experience some of the "old-timers" bring.... they are the first to go when a RIF occurs. Many times there are not adequate backup plans in place to account for that function/person when they are gone. This leaves the "survivors" scrambling with minimal help and unecessary stress. For a technology company, projects and enhancements to the computer systems take way too long and the budget for those enhancements is slim to none.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand fully what the functions under your domain are responsible for/handle and understand the consequences before making decisions on whether they should be eliminated.

Constant focus on cost reduction makes it hard to move the company forward

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

Nice people, very collaborative, great culture

Cons

Very cost-driven--always cutting people and sending jobs overseas. No job security, poor benefits, very cheap. Had to pay for service fees for 401-K program--give me a break!

Advice to Management

Figure out a new business model and take some risks