Ingram Micro

www.ingrammicro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro overall is a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Vendor Management in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Vendor Management in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

The company offers every associate the ability to train on a number of different applications.

Cons

Workload makes it tough to balance professional and personal life.

The culture has become sterile...need to inject some enthusiasm back into the organization. Very little postitive motivation.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Ingram Micro (View Most Recent)

OK In this bad environment

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Ingram Micro

Pros

A paycheck, good people to work with, opportunity for advancement and good travel benefits. I think my boss listens to me, but not sure they hear him above.

Cons

Dog eat dog business, only as good as your last sale or client. Hard quotas and little support sometimes from marketing and the top dogs.

Get rid of quotas, give out spontaneous rewards, realize the market is down and employees need a life too. Give out more bonuses.

Demanding yet satisfying...for the most part.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Ingram Micro

Pros

The people. Many Ingram employees are seasoned and have worked there for 10,15 or 20+ years. There is a ton of experience within those walls. The commaraderie is excellent and I have found that the majority of people are willing to help and share information if it will assist a fellow employee.

Cons

The company sometimes doesn't value the level of knowledge and experience some of the "old-timers" bring.... they are the first to go when a RIF occurs. Many times there are not adequate backup plans in place to account for that function/person when they are gone. This leaves the "survivors" scrambling with minimal help and unecessary stress. For a technology company, projects and enhancements to the computer systems take way too long and the budget for those enhancements is slim to none.

Take the time to understand fully what the functions under your domain are responsible for/handle and understand the consequences before making decisions on whether they should be eliminated.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro