There are newer employer reviews for Ingredion

Great values, solid performance, bright future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed working at Ingredion for the last several years. The company is involved in many wonderful corporate citizenship / outreach activities throughout the world. I have had the opportunity to progress in my career in part due to the robust process that is in place for employee development. The financial performance of the organization has been very positive - despite the global economic situation. Management takes the long term view and is committed to the success of the company.

Cons

Happy with commitment to work life balance that is shown through 'Summer Hours' program at some locations. Could be even better by adding additional flexibility, including telecommuting as more of an option where possible.

Continue to focus on career development of employees within the company.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Ingredion (View Most Recent)

Corn Products does not follow their promote from within policy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

I have been working at Ingredion

Pros

Corn products employees good people that are generally a pleasure to work with.
    Corn products is strong financially, and has a good CEO.

Cons

Good old boy club, if you aren't part of it, it is very hard to get promoted.
    Pay within company is not equal, same job titles have more responsibilities and pay does not reflect this, the only thing that will move you up or get you higher pay is to be part of the club.
    Fake jobs are created for management. A job will be created so they can promote one of the club that already has a promotion coming when another higher up is retiring(without posting the job to others internally), but they don't wait for the real position to actually open. Once the retirement happens, the fake job is dissolved, but they have paid for a fake job and high salary for months.
    They don't follow their promote from within policy. Outsiders are interviewed during the promote from within deadline. HR seems to follow what plant management wants to do instead of following policy.

Recognize your employees for the great success they have helped create. Follow policies and corn products values which include integrity, and respect. Drop the dead weight. Stop micro managing and trust the people you hired for the positions they are in, if you can't then maybe its time to find someone else or train the people you have to build your own confidence in them. Review the qualifications of management you currently have, many job requirements are overlooked for those in the club.

Great organization to grow and develop

I have been working at Ingredion

Pros

Financial success
    Organization committed to development (all professionals have career development plan)
    Highly focused on continuous improvement, safety and sustainability

Cons

Need to leverage technology more even though we are improving
    Benefits are good although some other companies have better medical cost coverage

Continue to focus on employees development, operational improvement and overall growth. Don't let our success make us complacent.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingredion