Growing company, solid leadership, promising future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westchester, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good focus on internal development - each employee has a midyear CAREER discussion with their manager where they discuss areas for growth...either within the job or towards a different one. This is one of the only companies I have seen do this.

Solid business model - the leadership does a good job or helping us to understand the strategy and how we each have an impact. All of our goals are actually linked to goals above us, and so on to make sure that everyone is moving in the same direction.

The new brand (Ingredion vs former Corn Products) is exciting and helps to show the company's new focus.

Cons

Ingredion offers a good work life balance...periodic casual Fridays, summer hours at some locations, and some ability to connect from home. It makes sense for some jobs to be able to work from home more often. Other jobs, it makes sense why that is not possible. Progressing the work from home policy a bit could help. Overall though, this is not a huge Con, as I feel like I can connect from home if i really need to without it being a problem.

- Continue along current path to grow business.
- Communication to employees though quarterly global webinars is appreciated.
- Would love to see more opportunities for Ingredion to get publicity

Other Reviews for Ingredion

Dynamic company trying to diversify from relying on core business

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Westchester, IL
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Westchester, IL

I worked at Ingredion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable employer
    Large geographic footprint / global

Cons

Maybe too many projects dividing attention
    Low risk appetite

Great values, solid performance, bright future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have enjoyed working at Ingredion for the last several years. The company is involved in many wonderful corporate citizenship / outreach activities throughout the world. I have had the opportunity to progress in my career in part due to the robust process that is in place for employee development. The financial performance of the organization has been very positive - despite the global economic situation. Management takes the long term view and is committed to the success of the company.

Cons

Happy with commitment to work life balance that is shown through 'Summer Hours' program at some locations. Could be even better by adding additional flexibility, including telecommuting as more of an option where possible.

Continue to focus on career development of employees within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Ingredion.

Worked for Ingredion? Contribute to the Community!