There are newer employer reviews for Ingredion

Extremely rewarding experience with a solid, growing company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Westchester, IL
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my experience, hard work has paid off. If you're willing to put in the effort, you will be rewarded. In terms of both promotions and salary increases.
Solid leadership team, striving to improve the talent that already exists within the Company and raising the bar for potential employees.
Growing, global company, which translates into a plethora of opportunities across the world.
Competitive pay, excellent benefits and bonuses. Merit increases accurately reflect the effort that you decide to put into your work, as I will revert to my first point, if you put in the effort, you will be compensated accordingly.
Culture of the Company is changing for the better, as the Company wants to be competitive, innovative, and of course extremely successful while also maintaining the same level of integrity that the Company has exhibited over the last 100 years.

Cons

Some pockets of the Company are still affected by ineffective leaders and management. Although, with the positive actions the leadership team has taken, combined with the culture change, this obstacle should be surpassed.
Communication across departments can be challenging at times, with ego's and individuals being unaccountable for their own actions to blame. Along with the first point, I believe this situation will improve with the direction the senior management has outlined.

Job extremely well done over the past few years. The ability to grow and increase shareholder value during the most difficult economic times in recent, and even not so recent memory, is admirable.
With that said, I think the only advice I can give is to further develop the great people that work so hard to keep this company successful. Especially when it comes to leadership and management skills. The future of this company depends on the ability of its leaders to motivate and encourage their employees to give everything they have to maintain and surpass the successful path that the Company has already traveled.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Ingredion (View Most Recent)

Growing Company, Competitive Pay, Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is known for making acquisitions and growing globally - very profitable.
    - Pay is competitive: merit increases are reasonable and significant bonuses are paid.
    - CEO is focused on building shareholder value and safety.
    - They like to promote within; lots of lateral moves and room to grow..
    - The people are very friendly and supportive of your growth within the company.

Cons

- Depending on what group you work in, work-life balance may be challenging compared to other groups. It's a con, but this is common for most public companies.

Management should continue to devote efforts in developing their team and promoting within the company. It drives the employee to perform at exceptional levels knowing that they will be recognized and compensated for their hard work.

Growing company, solid leadership, promising future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Ingredion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good focus on internal development - each employee has a midyear CAREER discussion with their manager where they discuss areas for growth...either within the job or towards a different one. This is one of the only companies I have seen do this.

Solid business model - the leadership does a good job or helping us to understand the strategy and how we each have an impact. All of our goals are actually linked to goals above us, and so on to make sure that everyone is moving in the same direction.

The new brand (Ingredion vs former Corn Products) is exciting and helps to show the company's new focus.

Cons

Ingredion offers a good work life balance...periodic casual Fridays, summer hours at some locations, and some ability to connect from home. It makes sense for some jobs to be able to work from home more often. Other jobs, it makes sense why that is not possible. Progressing the work from home policy a bit could help. Overall though, this is not a huge Con, as I feel like I can connect from home if i really need to without it being a problem.

- Continue along current path to grow business.
    - Communication to employees though quarterly global webinars is appreciated.
    - Would love to see more opportunities for Ingredion to get publicity

There are newer employer reviews for Ingredion