There are newer employer reviews for Initiative

Great place to start career..

Current Employee - Media Strategist  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Media Strategist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Initiative full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great and the upper management here is very willing to help out with anyone that needs help or looking for advice.

Cons

Training could be better in the Chicago office, not sure about the other Initiative offices. They advertise that everyone should raise their hands if they want to move into a different account, but it's not as easy as they say

I think they are good at keeping everyone in the loop

80 Other Employee Reviews for Initiative (View Most Recent)

Fast, Broken, Depressing and Stressed

Current Employee - Strategist
    Current Employee - Strategist

I have been working at Initiative full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on which department you work in, this could be a great agency to work for. If you're interested in media planning or investment, it's a great place to begin your career in advertising.

Cons

--Beyond the fact that the pay is low, management prides itself on encouraging success through templates and uninspired processes that seldom lead to creative thinking.

--Failing to appreciate all of their valued employees, morale is low and the agency lacks any sense of culture. Recently, this has been masked by the agency's efforts to restructure and throw "mandatory" parties.

--HR is non-existent and does extremely poorly when it comes to communicating with staff.

--New, entry-level employees do not receive proper training to succeed.

Value your employees and invest in better HR

Disgraced. Came back, thinking that it would be okay. I was laid off (again) 18 months after I started. Never going back

Former Employee - Department  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Department in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Initiative full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers that are new to the biz are nice to work with. Simply because they dont know anything about the biz. Little do they know...

Cons

Was canned after they lost major account. Still peeved because I never worked on the account. Senior people looking for the swag and freebies but rarely pass them down to those that really perform.

Listen to the little man.

There are newer employer reviews for Initiative

Worked for Initiative? Contribute to the Community!