Initiative

www.initiative.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Initiative

Best place to start a career in media!

Current Employee - Search Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Search Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Initiative full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, PTO, positive team environment, good work-life balance, 4 summer days off of your choice, great clients, and my personal favorite is a week off in December for the holidays!!

Cons

Average entry level salary common for media agencies, changes in company have increased confusion, not the best initial training depending on the position!

Promote from within, you have a lot of talented employees that have the ability to fulfill the needs of higher positions!

96 Other Employee Reviews for Initiative (View Most Recent)

Embarrassingly unprofessional and incompetent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Initiative full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No positives to working at Initiative. None whatsoever.

Cons

Even on the highest grossing accounts the leadership is shockingly unprofessional, completely oblivious to innovation and severely under-educated. The worst part is probably the incompetence in management - hours were terrible even though we had about 10 people on our team (I think I made below minimum wage when all the overtime was factored in), every large project was left to the last minute with no structured or helpful instruction, etc. Lastly, and probably most abhorrently, I was continually harassed by a superior (once sexually) and management did nothing to address the situation. So Initiative is pretty much career hell on earth. Go anywhere else.

If I was IPG I would divest all interests in Initiative - rebrand and clean house. Take the few capable middle and upper managers and completely start over. And then poach from credible agencies with large incentive packages.

Good place to start out in Advertising/Media

Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Initiative full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are a ton of opportunities to immerse yourself in all things digital. You will be exposed to a ton of different material and will have a chance to get a lotttt out of the role.

Cons

Long long long hours (10-12 hour days are average) with no overtime. The pay is extremely low for the amount of work that is done and the entire orginization is in a transition phase so there is a ton of confusion as to who should be doing what.

Deliver more positive feedback and find ways to really compensate employees who are working those long hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Initiative