InkStop
inkstop.net Warrensville Heights, OH 500 to 999 Employees

Good pay, no accountability in upper-management

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at InkStop

ProsTime to read a book! There is often little to do in the store for months on end. There's some busy-work that takes maybe two hours a day to finish. Bring in a book and enjoy your time. Just avoid the district manager. This might only work in the Texas market where I'm at... which is way under goal. There are some really nice employees and customers who work and shop at Inkstop. Base pay for each position is relatively high though little real experience is needed to achieve any of the positions. Getting a manager position here is as easy as applying at the right moment.

ConsBoring and upper-management is fairly incompetent. The company uses terms like "Net Sales" when they actually mean "Gross Sales." Only a small number of people at the Ohio Corporate location have degrees. There is a small-store mindset at corporate and it holds back all of Inkstop. Each store is held accountable for making goals but there's little these stores can do to drive sales. The ads (now far and in between) drive people in to buy products that that are well below margin if we have the product at all. The company is now firing many managers in Texas, perhaps in other places as well, for not meeting goals. It should be the district manager, his immediate supervisor, and Inkstop Corporate whose jobs are on the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople with degrees and prior-experience should be moving up closer to the top of the company. The store goals should be more realistic. There's a general retail industry slow-down and expecting phenomenal growth in this economy is just plain silly. Guerrilla marketing should be encouraged at the store level. Store management should be trained on how to canvass, especially on how to achieve special order goals. Protection plan penetration shouldn't be effected by products like memory cards, usb drives, and other products that cost as much to replace as the protection plan itself. Start admitting that upper-management is making mistakes and showing the stores that people on the top are being held accountable. It speaks volumes when the number 3 guy in the company simply sets up shelves for stores.

InkStop should be your last option in purchasing office supplies!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

I worked at InkStop

Pros: If you have a pulse, they will pretty much hire you. You do not need to have any work related experience to be hired. … Cons: They sell obsolete, used and last year's models and older electronic devices. Particularly their digital camera lineup. All of their digital cameras are… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management needs reassess the promotions they had given to internal employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent Pay + Easy Job = Inkstop

Store Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at InkStop

Pros: The pay is decent for the very, very small amount of work you do (did).… Cons: The company probably had the worst corporate office I've ever dealt with. Upper Management was… Advice to Senior Management: Don't open a million stores in 1 year and then just sit there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on InkStop.

Worked for InkStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InkStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InkStop CEO Dawn Callahan. All reviews posted anonymously by InkStop employees.