There are newer employer reviews for Inmar

Mixed feelings

I have been working at Inmar

Pros

Learn a lot, started implementing better training, generally plesant working enviornment

Cons

Leadership is always talking about communication but things rarely change, very concerned about presence in W-S, reactive vs proactive

67 Other Employee Reviews for Inmar (View Most Recent)

Tons of potential opportunity, no concrete vision to reach it

I have been working at Inmar full-time

Pros

Inmar has some pretty good individual folks working there. Most people are kind-hearted, respectful, and care about doing a good job. Inmar is sitting in a good position to do great things with the numerous relationships it's built up over the years with consumer package goods manufacturers, retailers, pharmacies, insurance payers, etc.

Cons

It seems like they haven't really figured out what it means to be a "technology company" or a "analytics company". Those labels are, sadly, about the extent of the vision forward offered. The majority of the organization's technical assets are woefully outdated, disconnected, and sometimes poorly designed. These wouldn't be impossible hurtles, but it's been a challenge to get senior leadership to build an effective business strategy around making better software.

Another con worth mentioning is that the culture is very much traditional east coast enterprise. Think big, slow company with lots of bureaucracy, and lots of hurtles to change. Traditional dress, traditional values, etc. If you're looking for the fast-paced, exciting, start-up environment, you won't find it here. On the other hand, if you're looking for stability and process control, this may actually be a pro instead of a con. In all fairness, they do occasionally do some fun things, but they're few and far between.

The company desperately needs executive leadership with a true technology background. Somebody who's used, designed and built enough technology products to fully and innately grasp both the potential and the pitfalls of software. After all, if the company wants to make the leap to being a true tech and data company, it'll all come down to the software. They need to have a bold and ambitious, but concrete enough to be doable, vision for what Inmar's technology could do in the marketplace.

Inmar Response

Aug 28, 2014Inmar's Response

Inmar values all feedback. We encourage you to share your perspective and ideas through any of the open-door communication channels established for feedback. As a reminder, Leadership team members ... More

Fantastic atmosphere, job security, and great benefits.

Current Employee - Senior Consumer Relations Specialist  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consumer Relations Specialist in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at Inmar, been here for several years. I have never worked anywhere that I have actually enjoyed going to work before coming here. Leadership team makes a big effort to keep the culture fun, happy and efficient. Location is perfect and benefits are great. Starting pay was good and training was well organized.

Cons

I have read many reviews where people are saying the leadership team is hiring there friends. I haven't seen any proof of this myself, even if they are previous associates I don't see why it matters. All new members of our leadership team have proven they deserve it.

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Inmar

Worked for Inmar? Contribute to the Community!