There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

Work for to get experience BUT move on quickly, very quickly

Current Employee - Print Production Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are self motivated, this is a great place for you to work.

Cons

Where do I start??????

I didn't get a computer until 5 days after I started and spent those 5 days doing nothing b/c I couldn't train.

Management is far from professional.

HR was deducting health insurance from my check and I found out they never processed my health insurance forms yet were deducting monies from my check for 2 months.

The company is a revolving door with employment. You will get a weekly e-mail from the CEO or some other "big wig" explaining how someone has left the company and not to worry. YOU BETTER WORRY!

They fire for no reason and can. If you make waves after termination they will create documents with false statements to cover themselves.

Yes, they have a network of vendors BUT what they don't tell you is they do not pay their vendors in a timely manner intentionally. I was getting contacted by vendors who hadn't been paid for 90+ days and when I brought this to my manager's attention she stated that InnerWorkings does this intentionally. They want to show investors that they have a lot of money on the books (money they don't really have.) So their network of vendors is slowly diminishing.

They make mistakes, and instead of eating the cost of their mistake, they charge it to their client. We had a miscellaneous job that we would stuff overage costs into and at one point in grew to $15K. When we were producing a new job, and say the cost was $1,000, we would take the overages from the miscellaneous job and add some of the debt to the new job. That $1,000 job now was $1,500 before adding margin. Deceptive? Yes, and totally approved by management.

You will never grow with the company. You will start out as a Print Production Manager and maybe, just maybe will they add Senior to your titled after 5 years. Don't hold your breath.

Your working directly onsite with the client? Contract with that client ends? You will have no job afterward despite what's told to you during the interview. You will be told that "due to your geographical location, we don't have a place to put you".

They do not offering continuing education for their team members. Want that? Work at William Lea, not InnerWorkings.

99 Other Employee Reviews for InnerWorkings (View Most Recent)

The years I worked at the firm has taught me what not to do whenever I own my own busuness.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

You get the opprotunity to work with little or no supervision

Cons

Very limited scope for growth

Do an economic audit of the personel in the firm so you can know exactly who can do what. this will eventuallly improve performance as you will have the right persons doning the right jobs.

Pathetic and Mismanaged company

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

Good IT and Production team.
    Senior Management know the business.
    Helpful HR team.

Cons

Senior accounting team should be booted out. They bring no value and are big hurdle in companies progress. Get someone who knows how to collaborate with other teams.

You need to communicate better with other teams. And get rid of some senior accounting teams.

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

Worked for InnerWorkings? Contribute to the Community!