There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

Every time I thought things were getting better they would find another way to let me down...

Former Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You'll meet some great, enthusiastic, young and hard working people at this place. I still have numerous friends I keep in touch with from INWK. I learned a great deal about sales, management, and corporate American. Most importantly I learned what NOT to do when if you would like to run a successful business

Cons

There was not one thing that satisfied me about this job other than the fact that you could take vacation whenever you pleased. Everything changes on a daily basis and you can not rely on anyone for their word. Management had gone back on written contracts of mine and the way they value their employees is at an all time low, even when you advance into middle management roles. They may tell you this is not a call center but you are being misled to the moment you walk in that door. The money they promise you will make is completely unattainable within the first 1-2 years. It took me about 2 weeks on the sales floor to realize that this company is not only unprofessional but also a disgrace to the print and promo industry. Upon acceptance of this job you will find out very soon that every person there is looking for another job elsewhere.

Quit communicating to your sales reps like they are children when you are actually the children. I have never worked with such an unprofessional, disrespectful group of people in my entire life.

102 Other Employee Reviews for InnerWorkings (View Most Recent)

Unfortunate Growth

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent people in the office. A lot of freedom in the with little micromanaging. You can become successful if you have the right industry and are noticed in the office.

Cons

Too much growth on the sales side for production side to keep up with. Not enough support to close the big deals. Management is constantly on your back after a few months on the floor to close business when the print industry sales cycle is a long and arduous process - especially with big jobs.

Not enough management to handle the influx of sales executives...need more to give good direction with smaller teams.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Tough to get ahead in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings