InnerWorkings

www.inwk.com

Every time I thought things were getting better they would find another way to let me down...

Former Employee - Middle Management  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

Pros

You'll meet some great, enthusiastic, young and hard working people at this place. I still have numerous friends I keep in touch with from INWK. I learned a great deal about sales, management, and corporate American. Most importantly I learned what NOT to do when if you would like to run a successful business

Cons

There was not one thing that satisfied me about this job other than the fact that you could take vacation whenever you pleased. Everything changes on a daily basis and you can not rely on anyone for their word. Management had gone back on written contracts of mine and the way they value their employees is at an all time low, even when you advance into middle management roles. They may tell you this is not a call center but you are being misled to the moment you walk in that door. The money they promise you will make is completely unattainable within the first 1-2 years. It took me about 2 weeks on the sales floor to realize that this company is not only unprofessional but also a disgrace to the print and promo industry. Upon acceptance of this job you will find out very soon that every person there is looking for another job elsewhere.

Quit communicating to your sales reps like they are children when you are actually the children. I have never worked with such an unprofessional, disrespectful group of people in my entire life.

Other reviews for InnerWorkings

Good place to work

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Tough to get ahead in the company.

Work for to get experience BUT move on quickly, very quickly

Current Employee - Print Production Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you are self motivated, this is a great place for you to work.

Cons

Where do I start??????

I didn't get a computer until 5 days after I started and spent those 5 days doing nothing b/c I couldn't train.

Management is far from professional.

HR was deducting health insurance from my check and I found out they never processed my health insurance forms yet were deducting monies from my check for 2 months.

The company is a revolving door with employment. You will get a weekly e-mail from the CEO or some other "big wig" explaining how someone has left the company and not to worry. YOU BETTER WORRY!

They fire for no reason and can. If you make waves after termination they will create documents with false statements to cover themselves.

Yes, they have a network of vendors BUT what they don't tell you is they do not pay their vendors in a timely manner intentionally. I was getting contacted by vendors who hadn't been paid for 90+ days and when I brought this to my manager's attention she stated that InnerWorkings does this intentionally. They want to show investors that they have a lot of money on the books (money they don't really have.) So their network of vendors is slowly diminishing.

They make mistakes, and instead of eating the cost of their mistake, they charge it to their client. We had a miscellaneous job that we would stuff overage costs into and at one point in grew to $15K. When we were producing a new job, and say the cost was $1,000, we would take the overages from the miscellaneous job and add some of the debt to the new job. That $1,000 job now was $1,500 before adding margin. Deceptive? Yes, and totally approved by management.

You will never grow with the company. You will start out as a Print Production Manager and maybe, just maybe will they add Senior to your titled after 5 years. Don't hold your breath.

Your working directly onsite with the client? Contract with that client ends? You will have no job afterward despite what's told to you during the interview. You will be told that "due to your geographical location, we don't have a place to put you".

They do not offering continuing education for their team members. Want that? Work at William Lea, not InnerWorkings.

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings.

Worked for InnerWorkings? Contribute to the Community!