InnerWorkings

www.inwk.com
  www.inwk.com
There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

A good place where you can grow

Current Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

I enjoy working at InnerWorkings because I feel like I manage my own career path. In my role, I work with several clients on a variety of projects. I enjoy the variety of my job and when there is something I am unsure of, there are enough people with a wide-range of experience that are willing to help me better understand a project. My co-workers are a friendly and easy group to get along with and make the environment here enjoyable.

Moreover, I feel like I can talk to my manager about not only projects, but other work-related issues and there is a genuine effort to try to change the obstacle/problem in order to improve work life. If I don’t receive the response I am looking for from my manager, the management team has an open door policy and I often see people of all different levels within the organization poking their head into an executive’s office to ask questions or make suggestions.

I feel like this is truly a place I can grow because they are always willing to let me try my hand at more complicated projects. Also, when I feel like I am overloaded with work, they pull in other people to help me out.

In a nutshell, I like my job and the flexibility it offers me, I like the people I work with including the leadership of the company, and I like that I learn something new everyday.

Cons

Currently we share part of our space with another company. It is annoying to share our lunchroom space. I believe the other company is moving out soon, so it will be nice to get our space back.

I agree with some of the other reviews that InnerWorkings is a bit unstructured, but I also see this as a “pro” because management is open to employee suggestions as to how things should be done.

Continue to keep the work environment positive. Employees like the happy hours and mini contests we have to engage everyone in the office and even inter-office competitions.

Also, continue to have the all-employee meetings quarterly and maybe find another avenue to communicate with employees more frequently (I liked that the CEO stopped by my desk on my birthday to wish me a Happy Birthday and ask how things were going for me).

Keep up the good work!

107 Other Employee Reviews for InnerWorkings (View Most Recent)

Better have business in hand

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

If you can bring business with you immediately you will be fine. Otherwise you are dead in the water.

Cons

Essentially you are operating as a broker - paying InnerWorkings a large portion of the margin to have access to their network of printers as well as production management. If you have multiple clients and can bring them with you, this may be a great fit as management will leave performing salespeople alone. If you can't bring biz with you right away, you will struggle to survive or cover any draw you may negotiate within a very short period of time.

None

A train wreck of a company and toxic work environment......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

I would highly recommend against considering InnerWorkings for future employment or investment. It's a toxic work environment and complete train wreck of an organization. They do have a decent healthcare plan and the business model is relatively sound. The upside is that with better and more effective/experienced senior management the business could grow. As long as current management is in place that will not happen.

Cons

Integrity is not on the high list of executive management. As a matter of fact, I've heard on several occasions that executive management and one of the founders of the company highly emphasize and encourage an ability to 'lie on your feet' when selling to and dealing with customers. There has been no organic growth at the company whatsoever and the company's ability, process, and methodology in getting to revenue with its enterprise customers is non-existent. The company continues to dissappoint Wall Street in missing it's last 9 quarters in a row. Senior management is inexperienced, incompetent, does not communicate effectively, and consistently does not tell the truth to its employees. This company operates with a 'seat of its pants' mentality, is extremely cavalier in how it does business, and operates like a start up. This company has gotten to be a $400MM company through acquiring small print brokers, screwing over its supply base, and no plan in place to integrate or grow the acquired company. InnerWorkings claims to be a technology company, but their technology does not work as advertised, has no release cycle in place, has no marketing department, no product managers, no product marketing managers, no sales management, etc, etc.

This is more advice to the board of directors - Fire the entire senior management team and bring in a team that is experienced in how to actually run a publicly traded company.

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings