InnerWorkings

www.inwk.com
  www.inwk.com
There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

Shiny and pretty on the outside, rotten to the core internally

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

The office location is cool and will impress you as is the decor. They have excellent health insurance but little else in terms of an overall package.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, it's a very misogynistic workplace. There is very little chance you will be promoted if you are a women working at InnerWorkings. Second, some very underhanded and unethical things take place within the walls of corporate headquarters. I was shocked at the way I was treated and some of the things that happened to me and others. I would be very careful about accepting a position at this organization.

Remember that your people are everything and long term your treatment of them will mean success or failure. If you valued them a bit more, you could be very successful. Promote some of the strong women you have employed to more key management positions. Stop protecting the incompetent men currently in high level roles.

107 Other Employee Reviews for InnerWorkings (View Most Recent)

Danger, Will Robinson!

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

Highly unstructured environment - this is a great opportunity if you are looking to avoid process and methodology, or if you thrive under chaotic conditions.

Cons

Highly unstructured environment - if you are not a person that can tolerate and thrive in the midst of chaos & pressure, you will not do well here.

1) Figure out what it is you can offer.
    2) Figure out *how* to do 1 (preferably to minimize waste and maximize profitability).
    3) Offer that product and / or service to the customer.

This is not the order in which things are currently executed and it shows.

You can you make your own way

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What I really enjoy about IW is the entrepreneurial culture and spirit of the company. You get what you put into it. The opportunities are there, it is up to you to make of them what you want for your future. The HR onboarding process is the absolute best I have ever encountered and I have worked at Fortune 1000 companies. You immediately feel you have joined a truly top notch organization. The company's intranet is also a super first class resource for anything you could need... company information, presentation tools, case studies etc etc. IW is an aggressively growing company and if that is something you want to be a part of, then IW is the place for you.
    Leadership doesn't micromanage and it doesn't feel hierarchical which is very refreshing. I am also very impressed by what I am seeing from senior leadership. They are not resting on their laurels and it is obvious they are continuing to improve and stay innovative for their employees and for their clients.. I am excited to be a part of this company and where they are headed for the future.

Cons

I think my local office could use a bit more laser focused intensity around driving sales and perfecting processes to make things run more efficiently. It is a production focused environment that could use a reset to help others learn how to create opportunities, not just take orders.

Thank you for the ethical, professional environment you have created for us. Might be time for a level set to get everyone in my local office on the same page so that we can all work to create a more dynamic environment. The opportunities are there, everyone just needs to get on board to go make it happen.

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings