There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

Shiny and pretty on the outside, rotten to the core internally

I worked at InnerWorkings

Pros

The office location is cool and will impress you as is the decor. They have excellent health insurance but little else in terms of an overall package.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, it's a very misogynistic workplace. There is very little chance you will be promoted if you are a women working at InnerWorkings. Second, some very underhanded and unethical things take place within the walls of corporate headquarters. I was shocked at the way I was treated and some of the things that happened to me and others. I would be very careful about accepting a position at this organization.

Remember that your people are everything and long term your treatment of them will mean success or failure. If you valued them a bit more, you could be very successful. Promote some of the strong women you have employed to more key management positions. Stop protecting the incompetent men currently in high level roles.

reviews filtered by

Danger, Will Robinson!

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

Highly unstructured environment - this is a great opportunity if you are looking to avoid process and methodology, or if you thrive under chaotic conditions.

Cons

Highly unstructured environment - if you are not a person that can tolerate and thrive in the midst of chaos & pressure, you will not do well here.

1) Figure out what it is you can offer.
    2) Figure out *how* to do 1 (preferably to minimize waste and maximize profitability).
    3) Offer that product and / or service to the customer.

This is not the order in which things are currently executed and it shows.

Company with Growing Pains and Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings

Pros

There is a great and visionary team in place that is dealing with enormous operational and technical challenges that go alongside with a company that has experienced rapid growth in a short amount of time. The team tackles all of this with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. As an employee there, I feel supported and encouraged by most of the functional units, though there are definitely areas of improvement. There are a lot of exciting opportunities that make it a great place to learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on way I doubt would be possible in many other organizations.

Cons

HR is not very helpful in terms of helping employees grow. The benefits are also very lacking. Negotiate hard before taking a job offer. The company also tends to prefer bringing on management from outside the company rather than helping groom the current employees to fulfill the needs of the organization. Planning is also not the company's strength, though it is getting better as the company transitions from startup mode (though already large) to a more appropriate corporate format.

Not everybody responds to the same kinds of incentives and encouragement. Though the company is sales-driven, not everybody should be managed like a sales team.

InnerWorkings Response

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback! I’m glad you feel we have a challenging, positive, and supportive work environment. We’ve worked hard to build an industry leading organization and appreciate the pride ... More

There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings