Experience at Innosight

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Innosight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to create real impact

Cons

Middle tier of the organization had many manager but a few eladers

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for Innosight

1. Excellent culture, leadership

Pros

- high impact, interesting projects - intelligent, quirky, interesting colleagues - better work-life balance than most consulting firms

Cons

- less well-known consulting brand - located out of downtown area - still some travel

2. So lucky to work at Innosight!

Current Employee - Manager in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Innosight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits - Innosight pays 100% of it's employees health and dental, which is phenomenal! They match 401K contributions (up to 6%) and offer very competitive bonus and profit sharing. Also, they kick-in $250 towards Flex spending and offer solid reimbursements toward gym memberships. Compensation - Innosight pays only slightly less than very large firms and roughly 15-20% more than Consulting Firms of a similar size. Work/Life balance - Excellent! There are of course busy times, but on the whole, Innosight is very conscientious about time spent on projects. On a personal note, one of the members of my family is battling cancer and Innosight has shown me nothing but support and understanding. They have offered me time off, coverage and endless amounts of encouragement. I know they're behind me and will be supportive of whatever I need. I don't think I could say the same thing of any other employer I've worked for (I've worked in NYC and Boston for 5 employers). Access to Senior Leaders - Partners and Senior Staff are incredibly down to earth and approachable! No one is intimidating and I feel comfortable going to anyone with questions or with an update. They're incredibly smart and well rounded, but never arrogant. I find it refreshing. People - Very bright, down to earth and uniquely quirky. My colleagues are incredibly talented. Everyone brings to the table some interesting hobby or skill. You wouldn't know it right off the bat, since folks are modest, but the more you talk with people, the more you recognize the depth and diversity of interest and skill set. Feedback - I'm very satisfied with the amount of feedback I receive. Innosight has formal mid year review and end of year reviews. I've also receive real-time feedback on better ways to approach/solve problems, which is appreciated. Events - Innosight has a Social Steering Committee (a mix of internal staff and consultants) who have a budget and are responsible for throwing events, both inside and outside the office. We've had some truly unique events. My favorites include mechanical bull riding, weekly happy hours, sumo wrestling, wine tastings, white water rafting, snow tubing and weekly yoga. Flexibility - Innosight is not a "face time" culture. What matters to management is that you get your job done well and in a timely manner. I've heard a few co-workers complain here and there about this or that. I always want to tell them, "go work anywhere else and then see if you complain about Innosight!"

Cons

Evolving Firm - This is both a pro and a con, I suppose. I would describe the office as fluid and progressive. If you are very structured and want a policy in place for every single request, Innosight is not the employer for you. Location in Lexington - I've always worked in the heart of a city, so working in the 'burbs is a change for me. That said, Lexington is beautiful and there's good shopping and dining within 1-4 miles of the office. Long story short, I'm adjusting.

Advice to Management

Despite busy schedules, please continue to make a push to participate in company events.