There are newer employer reviews for Innovative Interfaces, Inc

Run, don't walk.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Emeryville, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There used to be tons of pros: a library tech company run by librarians, flexible schedules, talented, driven people, hard workers, nice atmosphere, strong customer focus, etc. Those USED to be the pros. Sadly, none of that really exists any more, so I can't honestly think of a single pro for working at this horrid place.

Cons

Pretty much everything about working there. VERY low salaries; secret 'bonuses' to a rare few that are laughable, bordering offensive; dismal work environment; employees are written up for not showing deference to senior management (yes, this really happens), 'cash is king' attitude means there is absolutely no value from the management to the long-standing loyal employees -- they're just dead weight that make too much money, so fire them and farm it out to India. Seriously, don't work here.

Pay your employees a fair market salary. Get over your need to be placed on a pedestal and stop demanding deference. Show some true appreciation for the few people that have not yet fled this sinking ship of a company, before whatever soul is left in Innovative is gone.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Innovative Interfaces, Inc (View Most Recent)

A company that is transforming.

Current Employee - Software Development  in  Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you love Libraries, want to serve them, and feel great about the work you do, this was the place to work in the 90s and 2000s. Since the company was bought in 2012, it is rapidly changing to a global corporate business and the primary business has gotten (pardon the pun) shelved in the process. I firmly believe that there is still a flicker of light and a heartbeat and that the company will evolve into something different and strong, but still in the Library space. I imagine working here in 3 years could be awesome.

Cons

Now is not the time to join. Every department is in crisis, and most employees who remain now are all looking for jobs elsewhere. This is especially true in the Software Development group.

Fix morale. People aren't as concerned about compensation and benefits as they are about feeling like they are accomplishing something. The upper management politics and the focus on acquiring new properties has stalled out the primary business--developing leading edge software for libraries. Let us get back to work, let us hire the right talent and start moving forward.

Innovative Interfaces, Inc Response

Jun 18, 2014

The senior team has been focused on completing the recent two acquisitions. However, now that those transactions are completed, the full attention of the senior team is on integrating the three ... More

Was ok for many years. Not anymore.

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Generous vacation time if your job allows you to take it.

Cons

With the recent change in ownership, the company is going through organizational chaos, and there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. Employees are valued much lower than the business's bottom line. This is a complete reversal to what the previous management valued. The people who worked here made the company great. With layoffs and the best people leaving after opening offices in seemingly less expensive places, we're left with a larger company that is propped up with alarmingly little industry knowledge, broken processes, and extreme inefficiencies. With a larger company full of what the new management likes to think are skilled professionals, we are somehow outputting much less than we used to,

Stop playing games with the intellectual property of your company.

Innovative Interfaces, Inc Response

Jun 18, 2014

Innovative has gone through a big, very big transition over the last year. We are becoming a global company with employees located all over the world. We appreciate that it is a particularly hard ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Innovative Interfaces, Inc

Worked for Innovative Interfaces, Inc? Contribute to the Community!