There are newer employer reviews for Innovative Solutions

Looks can be deceiving..

Current Employee - Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Innovative Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If your straight out of college and want get exposure in supporting basic servers and desktops, this company can help spring board you into getting experience fast. It helps that they focus break fix work for smaller customers; mostly averaging 15-30 PCs and server. As an engineer you touch many types of systems. Definitely a step up from the Geek Squad; you get to drive your own car.

Cons

Too many "principals" with their own opinions prevent strategic company growth.
Employees are forced to use a poorly integrated and home grown Time and Billing System that lacks all the features and integration that help brings efficiencies.
Unrealistic Revenue Goals for employees to limit bonus payouts.
As an engineer, senior level IT expertise is nonexistent. Expect to spend time trying to figure out problems yourself.
Still delivering outdated technology and methods to their customers.
Small company with no upward movement potential.
High turnover
Expect an offer to raise your pay at the time you present your 2 weeks’. Sadly, if it got to that point to offer you more, they clearly knew they were getting over on you.

Stop trying to spend money on "high end" business consultants; with a handfull of owners shouldn't someone know how to run a business?
Spend money on better base salaries.
Retain top talent with real world experience in technology.
Don't lie about the 90% employee retention.
Its 2012; ditch the ties.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Innovative Solutions (View Most Recent)

A wonderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management staff truly cares about their employees. I started working at Innovative Solutions as a fairly young professional, a bit unsure and inexperienced. My Director and colleagues helped to provide me with the knowledge and expertise to grow and excel not only in my position at Innovative, but in my career. The staff is friendly and has a work hard play hard mentality. Had I not been offered a position in my dream industry I would've stayed at Innovative Solutions much longer. I recommend the company at every chance given to me.

Cons

Honestly, there was nothing that I disliked about working here.

Overall a Great Company; well-poised for future growth

I have been working at Innovative Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Access to Management with a door always open attitude; collaborative environment even amidst growth and change.

Qualitative: Energetic and approachable teammates, leadership that facilitates culture through "ThinkTank" Friday ideashare once per month to let voices be heard. In general, the company is made up of people who work hard and have goals and aspirations. Of course there are people in every organization that simply collect a paycheck, but this culture encourages the former. Some of Rochester's absolute BEST & BRIGHTEST technology people work at Innovative Solutions. Furthermore, I would say on top of the expertise contained in the organization, it is a culture that drives the customer to see their problems from a different and new perspective. My opinion is that this is what has caused the continuous success

Quantitative: Company offers competitive salaries & benefits, reimburses reasonable business expenses. 401K matching program. Bi-monthly payroll cycle. Company has grown 10-20% each year consecutively for many years. This year has included several milestones in company history from a growth perspective. Service offering has continued to establish.

CEO: Talk about access! This is a person who stops by everyone's (yes, everyone's) office several times per week to simply ask them how they are doing. A simple thing that goes a long way in creating a culture of trust, accountability, and respect.

Cons

some overextension of resources; but we are in the business of serving our customers, sometimes regardless of the day or time. Management is making an effort to address this where possible.

There are sometimes communication issues; but my experience is that they are resolved with direct and open dialogue.

There are newer employer reviews for Innovative Solutions