Inogen

www.inogen.net
  www.inogen.net
There are newer employer reviews for Inogen

Excellent company with great growth potential, atmosphere, and compensation structure for sales reps.

Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Customer Development Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. This company is growing at a fast pace, but staying profitable.
2. There is no cold-calling leads. All leads are initially in-bound calls or web requests, so the potential clients are asking to be contacted.
3. The product you are selling really is the best available in the market.
4. It's a relatively relaxed atmosphere. You can wear jeans, flip-flops, tennis shoes, and t-shirts any time. Also, they have a strict 40 hour work-week policy. No overtime and they are pretty flexible with shifts if you need to leave early and work late other days.
5. All sales managers are promoted from within and are former Customer Development Representatives. That means that they've done the job that you're doing before and can really help contribute to success right out of the gate.
6. The pay can be very rewarding if you work hard. There are no caps on commissions, and once you hit target, every sale you make above that is paid at a higher rate. Commissions are paid monthly, on time, and I've never had to go back to management and get them to pay me for a sale that wasn't calculated right in the system. Most reps are on track to make about $50-$80k / year in total compensation.
7. There isn't really any office politics or secrets. The company has a company wide meeting where they go over results, financials, customer service, and ongoing projects every couple of months. Everything is discussed, including the things that need to be worked on, not just the good stuff.
8. There hasn't been a single layoff or firing since I've started in our Richardson office. Out of the group of 11 that I started with in June 2012, 2 have been promoted into management, 1 has been promoted into a senior role on the team, and only 1 person has left the company. In less than 1 year, Inogen has hired over 30 new Customer Development Reps for the Richardson office, and only 4 have left the company. Compared to previous jobs I've been in, that is an excellent churn rate.

Cons

1. Since we deal with Medicare, sometimes the paperwork process for some sales can be frustrating and challenging if you're not a detail oriented person.
2. You have to be willing to put in the work. The management team during training and in team meetings will talk about reps needing to make 50 calls / day to be successful. For the most part, I would say that's accurate, and if you're not willing to put forth the effort, you won't be successful.

Keep doing what you're doing. The company is moving in the right direction and 2013 is looking very good!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Inogen (View Most Recent)

If you're a sales professional, look elsewhere. This is a call center sales position. No longer actual sales.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Inogen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security....maybe? It's a consistent place to work. Mon-Fri 9-5 same old same old.

Cons

Making money is becoming increasingly difficult to do since the company's IPO. Maybe $40k/year

Hire call center people to do this job. Not actual sales people who want to make an actual living.

Keep looking!

Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Direct to Patient Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Inogen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no perks - except that you are allowed to wear jeans. It's like cubicle hell!

Cons

The company treats employees horribly! They are no rewards for hard work, meeting your objectives, performance reviews, etc. The pay was cut 30% for sales staff- constant change- no 'real management' in place-just money grubbers that hAve no regard for their employees or customers. If you are looking for a place to advance with rewards for hard work- keep looking. Inogen is a horrible, horrible place.

Get a clue for how to treat people.

There are newer employer reviews for Inogen