Inova

www.inova.org
There are newer employer reviews for Inova

Glad to have had a job, but glad I've moved on

Former Employee - Financial Counselor in Falls Church, VA
Former Employee - Financial Counselor in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Inova full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally great people, good reputation

Cons

terrible insurance coverage, not patient centric

Patients don't appreciate being asked for money up front. Word of mouth is really important and with the changes in Medicare it might be wise to change a few of your collection policies.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Inova (View Most Recent)

Inova pays employees very little and the bureaucracy has made getting even the simplest of tasks accomplished difficult.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Inova full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide (okay) Health Coverage.

Cons

Said Health Coverage is moving to Inova-owned insurance, meaning the employer provides health insurance and health service (expensive to go outside of Inova). There is worry among employees they will force us to get annual health screenings and raise our premiums accordingly. This is dangerous territory for an employee. They DO NOT pay competitive wages and forbid the formation of unions. Once you are an employee you are going to be stuck at your wage for a very long time. Even with a promotion, they always find a way or policy to prevent you from making the same wage they would hire a new person at. So basically, it's easier to get a raise or paid for a promotion by quitting your job and being rehired than it is by actually staying with the company. HR does not do their job and are just the puppets of the administration. Inova also make the most basic of tasks extremely complicated and time consuming.

Treat your employees with respect. Cutting our wages and benefits while making hundreds of millions in profit each year (and providing hefty bonuses to your higher management) is the quickest way to lower productivity.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Inova full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pride in telling people I work for the largest Health System in Northern Virginia. Really nice colleagues who want to get it right.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy & red tape. High performers often leave because low performers never do.

Remember that employees are people, not just an employee number. Strict adherence to policy sometimes seems cold and heartless.

There are newer employer reviews for Inova