Inova

www.inova.org
  www.inova.org
There are newer employer reviews for Inova

Inova pays employees very little and the bureaucracy has made getting even the simplest of tasks accomplished difficult.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Inova full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide (okay) Health Coverage.

Cons

Said Health Coverage is moving to Inova-owned insurance, meaning the employer provides health insurance and health service (expensive to go outside of Inova). There is worry among employees they will force us to get annual health screenings and raise our premiums accordingly. This is dangerous territory for an employee. They DO NOT pay competitive wages and forbid the formation of unions. Once you are an employee you are going to be stuck at your wage for a very long time. Even with a promotion, they always find a way or policy to prevent you from making the same wage they would hire a new person at. So basically, it's easier to get a raise or paid for a promotion by quitting your job and being rehired than it is by actually staying with the company. HR does not do their job and are just the puppets of the administration. Inova also make the most basic of tasks extremely complicated and time consuming.

Treat your employees with respect. Cutting our wages and benefits while making hundreds of millions in profit each year (and providing hefty bonuses to your higher management) is the quickest way to lower productivity.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Inova (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, not good for advancement

Former Employee - Physician in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Physician in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Inova full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, great colleagues, outstanding benefits

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Middle management very intent in micromanaging.

Provide opportunities to progress within the company

Good Start

Current Employee - Catering to You in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Catering to You in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Inova part-time (less than an year)

Pros

its a very big system and more room to advance. the management team is very friendly and nice. 401k contribution and parking is easy

Cons

No guaranteed hours. my position was PRN..12 shift and comparing the pay to other companies in the area is not competitive

There are newer employer reviews for Inova