Inova

www.inova.org

Coordinator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Pros

One of the best Hospitals in the area, the higher level of medical staff tend to get the best pay and benefits. The CEO seems humble and passionate about the company.

Cons

Corporate level seems to run a 1980's ethic and morale status. Turn over rate is high. The place seems to be like high school, employees are bullied by higher authority and are picked by who is liked the most rather than valueing the work. Managers seem to be more demanding, picky and unfair than being good leaders and motivators. Competitive pay is a joke unless you are comparing it to the late 90s. Work life balance is not what it advertise, they refused a lot of my PTO request I had even when I had the time and we weren't that busy and others were favorited were awared PTO, you cannot be late for a minute or they will write you up or threaten to write you up. So if you have personal issues or doctors appointments good luck!

Management doesn't listen, there is so much gossip because employees don't know who to turn to. Employees go to HR to complain yet nothing is ever done. Was there for 10 months because a director of recruitment who had no idea how to do his job only knew how to pick on the people who weren't his favorite. He always sounded foolish talking about the system because he never made sense and was a shame employees would laugh behind his back, even the ones loved. I received praise my first 8 months there until he took over the manager's role, no manager skills, micro managing was in full affect, he lacked verbal skills and came across as a bully, he accused, lied about certain employees performances in order to get rid of them, and never let anyone talk if there was an issue. He was always right and the employees are wrong. People had no respect for him and the entire department would talk about what a lousy director he was. This is embarrasing for such a large known company, especially being part of HR who is the heart of a company for the most part. Recruitment is about quantity instead of quality which explains why everyone only lasts less than a year in that department. And when you leave they try to make you non rehirable as if the employee is the problem. Its a joke because exactly what my director told me of never being able to find a job that will allow me to do what he thinks I was doing and not surviving in a place like that is the opposite how it is at my current job. I now work at a very stable company, with a great department, and the team lead and DIRECTOR know how to do their job as well as the departments job, how to manage it and how to speak to their employees. they are flexible and understanding and reward with positive feedback and actions. it is 100% the opposite from where I was at Inova and 100% better, I would never work for that company again in the corporate office or for any position even if I was rehirable (if I'm not) after the way myself and many others were treated, i always tell people to stay away from applying there. Stick to Potomac Hospital, Prince William and the new one coming to Loudoun County perhaps, unless you are a physician would be the only way I could see this company being beneficial to you.