There are newer employer reviews for Inova

Great place to get experience but after leave.

Former Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Falls Church, VA
Former Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Inova full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, great co-workers, great place for beginning a career in healthcare.

Cons

Over worked and under paid

Advice to Management

Go back to school

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

RUN AWAY!!!

Former Employee - Cardiovascular Specialist II in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Cardiovascular Specialist II in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Inova full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have absolutely nothing PRO to say about this company. Deciding to work here was the the worst professional decision I have ever made.

Cons

No room for advancement. When you start, you start out at the same pay and level as a new grad. The staff are horrible people in general. They are very knowledgeable, but suck as humans. There are more managers than there are staff, so every one thinks they are are in charge. If you want to try to move up the ladder, you have to do some silly project that a bunch of people who don't want you to move up have to approve. These people only meet once every 6 months. Doing this project is the only way to get a raise.
    The pay compared to what they expect you to do, is ridiculously low. Instead of hiring more staff, they want you to work at your assigned hospital and then go to other hospitals after you finish your long 10 hour day for call. Call is another issue. They have multiple call teams, way more than they need. More staff than is needed for the case load, but need this many for call coverage.
    The hospital as a whole, felt very "cliquey".

Advice to Management

Fire some of yourselves, there are way too many of you guys. Pay your current experienced staff appropriately. Hire managers and directors with current department experience. Discontinue the usage of staff members as managers within the staff. Seriously, there were so many people in charge within the staff, no one knew who to actually report to.

Abandon ship!

I worked at Inova full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule (if your job permits telework)

Cons

Pay is ridiculous. The phrase "underpaid and overworked" barely captures what is happening with this company. Our bosses are super secretive about something but they won't tell us what. The work just keeps piling on as Inova lays off more people. I heard that Inova's IT just had a massive layoff this month. We were told that it is time to make personal sacrifices at home now. You can see that the employees are beginning to act like hungry dogs towards each other. Gossip, backstabbing...

Advice to Management

You lead us on and then drop us on our heads. At least you still have a job...for now.