Inova

www.inova.org

Being a PFS Supervisor at Inova is NOT all it's cracked up to be!

Former Employee - PFS Supervisor  in  Falls Church, VA
Former Employee - PFS Supervisor in Falls Church, VA

Pros

- Good health benefits
- Descent location (Telestar)
- Great leadership training

Cons

I was with Inova for 6 years and the latter part of my career there, I was promoted to PFS Supervisor; however, I had the absolute worst Director who was unsupportive, lacked consistent leadership abilities, and made the front line supervisors look like idiots mainly because she did not have our backs.

The sad part is the the Sr. Director never saw any of this. She had rose colored glasses on to what was going on in the department. I could not handle one more day working with a director who acted so bipolar.... one day supervisors were getting praised for a job well done and the next, we were getting our heads chewed off for one reason or another.

It was NOT a stable environment to be in. The AR staff could see the stress we were under and it really played an impact on them because of the high turnover rate. I wish the Sr. Director would have been more open to seeing what was going on and taken her head out of the Director's butt for one second and maybe she would have noticed how poorly her management team was and still is being treated so poorly by the Director she just absolutely adores.

Lastly, the hours we were expected to work (60+ in one week) were absolutely insane! That would drive anyone to the asylum!

Take a look around and see how many people are so unhappy because of your actions. Listen to your staff and be open to change. Maybe come back from those lavish ILI sessions and share what you learned with your team.

The measly salary management receives is NOT worth all of the stress!

Other reviews for Inova

The IT Help Desk/Cutomer Support Line is falling apart due to poor management

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Sterling, VA

Pros

Amazing co-workers, you can learn a lot from the well-experienced people around you. Location of their IT building is very central, close to a lot of shopping centers.

Cons

Ever since they let go of some of their IT director, things have begun falling apart. The management seems to play favorites, rather than building a positive relationship with all employees. They are unfair when it comes to prioritizing seniority. The front desk receptionist is also only friendly on random days and chooses who to speak or give attention to. They have poor communication skills, considering its a Customer Service Center. They don't acknowledge good, hard-working individuals. Acting managers don't tackle issue, but shy away from them.

Learn to communicate with your employees and be fair to those who work hard and want to grow within the company. Customer Support Line Agents are recruited via temp agencies, but that doesn't make the job they do invisible. Your staff only seems to respect the people they know with a title and act like some of us walked in from another planet.

Good retirement job (non-clinical)

Pros

well-known hospital looks good on your resume, nice co-workers (mostly)

Cons

No opportunity for growth or education, supervisors and directors give no feedback and do not move forward with changes, everyone seems like they are here to do their 8 hours & get a paycheck, micromanaging is severe, Salary doesn't actually mean salary, no flex time and you have to use your PTO on the few holidays you actually get off.

Put intelligent people(who know processes) in management positions

There are newer employer reviews for Inova.

Worked for Inova? Contribute to the Community!