There are newer employer reviews for Inova

Does not care about retaining quality employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Inova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provides good medical care to patients.

Cons

Pay is not keeping up with cost of living increases (0.5%) raises for past 3 years. No room for advancement in you are not a nurse or physician. No respect for physician extenders (physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, genetic counselors). Does not cover continuing education which is typically a standard benefit for physician extenders.

Value your employees and invest in them. Do not over extend the budget by building before you can afford to build without skimping on employee salaries and benefits.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Inova (View Most Recent)

Schedule registration Rep 1

I have been working at Inova

Pros

no catty drama in the work space

Cons

no good leadership
    promotions
    workload high salaries low
    gossip in management

Treat your employees as if you have been in there position. Know there work to better assist them.

For 10+ years worked with great nurses and horrible management. Especially upper senior level management

Current Employee - RN II  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - RN II in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Inova part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I work with at the grunt level are knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. Location to where I live. 5 miles from home. It's hard to find any more decent things to say about the system.

Cons

Not staff friendly when it comes to scheduling. Too worried about what surveys say and the surveys don't ask relevant questions! If you have a family emergency....well good luck trying to find coverage. Poor, poor, pay. PRN for 10 years and not a penny raise. No benefits, no vacation pay, no sick pay. While the CEO gets bonuses in the six digit figures. Expect you to go out of your way when staffing on busy days, or inclement weather days, but no appreciation when you do go out of your way to help. Right now it is a cut throat environment. Everyone is walking on pins and needles waiting for the next blow to staffing. How they got Magnet Status is beyond me. Senior management is out of touch with what is really happening on the floors. The good directors get pooped upon because they don't play upper managements games and the bad directors are praised because they play the games with brown noses. Don't threaten my job because survey numbers are down.

Listen, really listen, to staff. Don't give us meaningless surveys. Let us take care of patients. It's what we do best. Your thoughts on how you expect us to take care of a patient from your glass house is not working.

There are newer employer reviews for Inova

Worked for Inova? Contribute to the Community!