Inovalon

There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon

Growing Pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

The team is very talented. Very positive atmosphere. For the most part, everyone (in my division anyway) gets on very well. If you have to spend 8+ hours a day somewhere, MedAssurant isn't a bad choice. Although the work isn't always engaging, but the people make all the difference

Cons

My biggest concern is the inability for departments to communicate with each other. This is a byproduct of a small company growing very quickly. I'm confindent that Sr. Management is well aware of the problems, and are taking steps to adderess it, but the improvement at this point isn't noticeable. Some of us in various departments have taken the burnden on in an unofficial capacity. Trying to share information and get outside departments involved in projects.

My other concern is pay raises. They seem on the smallish side.

Continue to work on improving communication. It really starts at the top.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Inovalon (View Most Recent)

LAID OFF WITHOUT NOTICE and NO SEVERENCE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent pay, decent mileage reimbursement (usually), great Review Coordinators (Opal and Nadine), good communication with HR.

Cons

NO BENEFITS for field employees, except 401K which was done when contract was lost with HealthCare company and all remote/field reviewers were terminated.

Listen to your staff, maintain communication, seek out new contracts before losing one!! Bring in 'people oriented' management and coordinators that can see both sides of a story and NOT just their side.....

The Boy's Club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

There is so much turnover that there are always plenty of opportunities to do new things. You will work with high quality people for about a year, and then new ones will replace them enabling you to establish strong professional relationships.

Cons

For women and minorities, well, just look at the executive team photos. For mid-level leadership, understand all decisions are made in one office on the 5th floor, so do you what you are told. For senior execs, count the number of those who have gone before you over the last three years: stunning.

Hire a professional CEO and see what happens to employee and customer satisfaction/retention. Profitability will soar and you won't have to change the leadership page of the website as often.

There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon