Not potential growth for some positions. Bad company, no leadership from Senior level

Former Employee - Data Review Consultant  in  Bowie, MD
Former Employee - Data Review Consultant in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Hours are straightforward. No overtime.

Cons

Management did not share goals, "downsized" a month before the holiday season and there was no warning for anyone.
Senior management decided to tell the staff that they were losing their jobs after a mandatory meeting going through how he will be a servant leader. He needed to get to the point since people didn't care about what kind of leader he was going to be. They were focused on whether or not they would have a job at the end of the day.
There was no job growth for me at the company, they were not straightforward with potential growth through other positions.
After I was let go, I applied for a position that I was qualified for, with a Masters degree, and didn't even get a response from HR that they received my resume. (this after recruitment said they would set me up with at least preference for potential positions in the company). I went back to the website a few days later and they changed the job name (to probably get out of responding to potential transfer of positions) and never heard a word from them again. I would not put it past them to do something shady like this.

Find new management, management with experience. I didn't need to sit through a presentation of someone who just learned buzz words from their MBA class. We are all professionals and get to the point on whether we have a job at the end of the day, especially a month before the holiday season.

Other Reviews for Inovalon

Inconsistentcy within management decisions are terrible

Current Employee - Ccn  in  Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Ccn in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Inovalon

Pros

No weekends and no holidays

Cons

No set rules. No adherence to any policies. Some rules are made up and changed every day. When you look in the procedure manual, that rule does not exist. The only stability is your clinical knowledge. If you ask your supervisor a question, they usually.cannot help you, so don't ask.

Try and be sensitive to individual needs of employees. We have feelings, children, and lives also. Situations can arise that require insight and sensitivity on your part..most things can be resolved with a common sense approach rather than a cookie cutter philosophy. Remember that training new employees costs money and lots of it. I am now looking for another job. Add me to the turnover list.

Lack of people alignment, process development, technology investment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Inovalon

Pros

Potential. Then again, potential cannot be valued.

Cons

Misalignment of promotion of staff to senior positions. When poor decisions are made at the top from people who are not ready and not qualified at those positions, it has an adversely down stream effect to others. lack of SOP makes the firm heavily rely on manual and people processes. This is a firm takes pride on transforming large data set. where are the adequate tool sets to enable this capacity? Excel gets old real quick

There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon.

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!