There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon

Not potential growth for some positions. Bad company, no leadership from Senior level

Former Employee - Data Review Consultant in Bowie, MD
Former Employee - Data Review Consultant in Bowie, MD

Pros

Hours are straightforward. No overtime.

Cons

Management did not share goals, "downsized" a month before the holiday season and there was no warning for anyone. Senior management decided to tell the staff that they were losing their jobs after a mandatory meeting going through how he will be a servant leader. He needed to get to the point since people didn't care about what kind of leader he was going to be. They were focused on whether or not they would have a job at the end of the day. There was no job growth for me at the company, they were not straightforward with potential growth through other positions. After I was let go, I applied for a position that I was qualified for, with a Masters degree, and didn't even get a response from HR that they received my resume. (this after recruitment said they would set me up with at least preference for potential positions in the company). I went back to the website a few days later and they changed the job name (to probably get out of responding to potential transfer of positions) and never heard a word from them again. I would not put it past them to do something shady like this.

Advice to Management

Find new management, management with experience. I didn't need to sit through a presentation of someone who just learned buzz words from their MBA class. We are all professionals and get to the point on whether we have a job at the end of the day, especially a month before the holiday season.

Other Employee Reviews for Inovalon

1. Lack of people alignment, process development, technology investment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Pros

Potential. Then again, potential cannot be valued.

Cons

Misalignment of promotion of staff to senior positions. When poor decisions are made at the top from people who are not ready and not qualified at those positions, it has an adversely down stream effect to others. lack of SOP makes the firm heavily rely on manual and people processes. This is a firm takes pride on transforming large data set. where are the adequate tool sets to enable this capacity? Excel gets old real quick

2. Fast paced and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Pros

There are a lot of very intelligent, hard working people that want to be successful as individuals, and more importantly as a team. There are many opportunities for growth both in skills and in level. I think that the senior leadership team are dedicated to success, and have a clear growth plan in place. If you want to work in a fast paced, high energy, growth company, then this could be a good start.

Cons

The pace of growth can be a bit overwhelming. While it is great to see the business grow, it can also create challenges. There does not seem to be a slow season, so you have to be able to work at a high level of productivity nearly 100% of the time.

Advice to Management

I think that the leadership wants to drive for success, and while that is great in creating growth opportunities, I think that they could communicate more frequently with the masses, especially when it comes to announcing and celebrating success. People are generally more willing to push hard when they are reassured that their actions are making a difference.