There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon

Good Growth Opportunity for Graduates and Young Professionals, but No Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. If you are willing to work hard and get your hands dirty, you will learn a lot.
2. More career paths for those willing to move up the ranks and within Technology group.
3. Company continues to grow at a very rapid pace

Cons

1. Fast-paced is an understatement. The company moves at the speed of light, so consider this carefully.
2. Just about everyone is expected to stay well after business hours. I have had several instances staying at work until 9 or 10pm to finish a large project. Average time of departure from work for the company is usually between 6 and 6:30pm.
3. Work-life balance is a dream at this company. If you have a family, DO NOT WORK HERE.
4. Average tenure in the company is about 1 year, which is due to factors 1 through 3 above.
5. Company does not allow people to work from home.
6. Inefficient IT support processes. For example, it took me 3 weeks for IT support to get me access to shared folders when I joined. When sending tickets, they do not respond until about a week later.

1. The company's processes need to scale with the amount of work that is being requested to be done. The organization is growing so rapidly that resources aren't able to keep up with the work.
2. Please be flexible to people with families. We need to be able to leave on time and work from home when necessary.
3. Recognize more employees formally for their work. Not just a simple "Thank you for all you do". It goes on deaf ears after a while.

244 Other Employee Reviews for Inovalon (View Most Recent)

Extremely talented and hard driving staff. Lots of potential

Current Employee - Manager in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Something for everyone, from the career chaser to the student to the secondary wage earner. Stimulating work along with ample opportunity to grow. Decent benefits, and better than average total comp program (base salary, merit and bonus programs). Great place to work, and as challenging and rewarding as an employee wants it to be.

Cons

The infrastructure is having difficulty keeping up with the rapidly growing business.

Drive greater investment into better technology. Outsource as much of what is not the company's core competency out. Don't try to to it all yourself. There are others out there who can do it better.

It's good overall..

Current Employee - SQL Server Developer III in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - SQL Server Developer III in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is good as they allow working from home once a week or more than that. It depends on your manager too!

Cons

Dirty Politics at the management level to gain more power. Every company has such kind of issues but the way managers play politics to become senior and senior to become director is unbelievable. It didn't affect me for initial 2 years so I didn't care about that much but now I am little bit concern about that.

Be more transparent to your employees at what you do, what you are planning to do in future and what is the reason behind the decisions you are making which affects employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon