There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

Insight Global helped me to get a great IT job in the Minneapolis area!

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Insight Global

Pros

Insight Global is a contracting company that helps place individuals in specific jobs based on a posted resume. One thing that I like about a contracting agency is that they do all the leg work for you initially. It makes it easy for someone who is currently working at a position and just casually looking for a better job. Instead of having to wade through the classified online or in the newspaper, they do it all for you and let you handle your other responsibilities as you normally would. They communicate well and listen to your wants/requirements. It was a very pleasant experience and I look forward to working with them in my new position as a Network Engineer!

Cons

You can potentially get paid less because whom ever they place you with is paying a flat rate for you to work there. Any contracting company always gets payment for placing you in a position. So in reality, if you are getting $25 an hour to work somewhere, chances are that the company is actually paying $30+ per hour of work that you do. Not a big deal, its just the way staffing agencies work.

Advice to Management

Please be sure to not forget about people once they are placed in a position. I worked with another staffing company that pretty much acted like I didn't exist and fed me a bunch of garbage all the time. BE GENUINE!

reviews filtered by

Fantastic placement, solid team

Current Employee - Insight Global Senior Technical Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Insight Global

Pros

The recruitment team I interfaced with was easily one of the most motivated to present a comprehensive opportunity at the firm I'm currently contracted with. My recruiter worked quickly to ensure phone screens, face to face interviews and final acceptance of the position were completed in 8 business days - the fastest turnaround I've ever seen in my professional career. I have recommended other folks seeking placement to Insight Global, and will continue to do so after I've been converted to a full time employee of the firm I'm contracted with.

Cons

Admittedly, I have been disappointed by the lack of follow-up once I was onsight at my firm. However, I understand this as part of the fallout from the demands placed on the recruiters to keep people moving into the Insight Global family.

Advice to Management

Make it part of the corporate culture to make the time to follow-up with folks placed onsight, either permanently, or on contract. Consistent pulse checks on the employee and their onsight management will provide consistent and necessary feedback.

2. Hands down, Insight Global is a great place to work if you want to be successful!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Global

Pros

I started my career with Insight Global two months after graduating from the University of Georgia in 2010 and I cannot imagine my life working for any other company. From day one, I felt as though I had not only landed my dream job, but my co-workers really cared about both who I was as a person as well as my success with-in the company. The people I interact with on a day-to-day basis have become some of my best friends, and Insight Global has given me the opportunity to be in complete control of my success. Insight Global is like no other company in the fact that individuals are given the opportunity for advancement before being out of college for a complete year. I knew from the first day I walked into the office that Insight Global was exactly where I needed to be, and after working hard and pushing for advancement, I was promoted to sales in just four short months. I have not encountered a single person with-in our company that does not have a “can-do” attitude. Insight Global has become my home away from home, and I am thrilled to see the growth we will experience over the next few years!

Cons

The job is not for everyone. The hours can be long and we do operate at a very fast pace. However, if you are willing to work hard and put in the time, your drive will pay off!

Advice to Management

Keep the spirits and drive of the company high, and we will continue to head in the right direction. It is great to work for a company where upper level management is so approchable.

There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global